Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Lowest Serial Number on a Slab I've Seen

nencoinnencoin Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭
This isn't the earliest generation ANACS slab (I don't think), but this is certainly the lowest serial number I've seen on a slab. Thought the slab enthusiasts might be interested in seeing this.

Chrisimage

Comments

• Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    heh, that is pretty cool. by far the lowest i have ever seen!
  • Options
    ColonialCoinUnionColonialCoinUnion Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭
    That's interesting.
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never seen anything as low as a 3 digit serial number. Pretty image.
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    Kind of cool.

Not sure if I should have, but I sent in a bunch of very old ANACS slabbed Morgans for VAM retagging, now with new serial numbers and blue slabs. Four digit ones and those ones with two letters at the start mainly. No three digit ones like that one you show. Not many of the 900 originals probably still around too.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
    Commonn crap! image
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an ANACS slab with the serial number 666666. It has an AU50 common date half eagle which is nothing special but I really liked the slab. Happy Halloween!

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Greattoning owns the first coin slabbed by ANACS. I think the serial is KA00001. I bought it from Washington Rare Coins a long, long time ago. If I remember correctly, the coin is a MS 67 1943 P Merc with really nice color...I regret selling it to Dick, but he grovels so well when he really loves something!!!! ....The slab probably belongs in a museum alongside the first PCGS and NGC coins. image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's one! To think this was the 334th coin ever certified by ANACS can't be right.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    hehehe leo, you never cease to amaze me with what you pull
    out of your hat!
  • Options
    Lucky me to land that one but it was interesting to see such a low number plus the 66 6 at the top. I believe there's only one other (forget what NGC has graded, they're not 6 steppers, as I've learned) out there.

Leo

• Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Lucky me to land that one but it was interesting to see such a low number plus the 66 6 at the top. I believe there's only one other (forget what NGC has graded, they're not 6 steppers, as I've learned) out there.

Leo >>

666 at the top. That's because it's a hell of a coin.

On a more serious note, I wonder if these numbers were printed in error as ANACS was well beyond grading 1000's of coins by then. Still, if anyone has one to sell...

Lane

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Lucky me to land that one but it was interesting to see such a low number plus the 66 6 at the top. I believe there's only one other (forget what NGC has graded, they're not 6 steppers, as I've learned) out there.

Leo >>

666 at the top. That's because it's a hell of a coin.

On a more serious note, I wonder if these numbers were printed in error as ANACS was well beyond grading 1000's of coins by then. Still, if anyone has one to sell...

Lane >>

Good point! Now you have me wondering.........again! I acquired the coin in April 2002 and the coin is shown as 1 of the 2 in the earliest ANACS Pop Report I have, Jan. 1996, And ANACS started encapsulating coins in 1989 but their slabs were slightly different back when from the ones we've seen until of recent.

Also (comma) has anyone noticed the matching 334 numbers with the OP and my ANACS holder? Time to play PIck 3 tomorrow! image

Leo

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file