Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Gold price just below $800

UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
Gold is tickling $800 on the world market. A week or two ago I predicted Nov 1 as the day it would hit $800. I might just be right..

Metals Date Time (EST) Bid Ask Change from NY Close
Gold Charts GOLD 10/31/2007 16:58 796.30 797.10 +4.60 +0.58%
I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.

Comments

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Gold is tickling $800 on the world market. A week or two ago I predicted Nov 1 as the day it would hit $800. I might just be right..

Metals Date Time (EST) Bid Ask Change from NY Close
    Gold Charts GOLD 10/31/2007 16:58 796.30 797.10 +4.60 +0.58% >>

Gold Going a lot higher ..poor Bernanke got out pokered by doing what the Wall Street pros wanted . S omuch for book smarts The inflation machine has startedimage
  • Options
    yevrahyevrah Posts: 143 ✭✭
    A couple months ago, a guy on eBay was selling 2- 1891 $20 Liberty Dbl Eagles for a reasonable price, Claimed in his ad he was tired of waiting for gold to go over $800. If I had the funds at the time, I'd have bought them.

Why the price of metals is rising is the real problem! And the Federal deficits just compound it all. I worry about the younger generations!
    yevrah/harvey

ebay ID: 78terp
    ANA # R-3143946

1899 Mint Set
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    image Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door! image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    I was hoping another gold thread would come upimage
  • Options

<< <i>I was hoping another gold thread would come upimage >>

When many naysayer posters jump on the gold bandwagon that is the signal to sell..just like the CNBC "Fast Money " crowd saying for the past 2 months, since gold $ 670.0 , that the next $ 50.00 move in gold is down .
    As Gold climbs to new highs ..I suspect there will be many more threads ..BUY the dips image
  • Options
    I am buying this morning , may still drop a bit but he DID cut rates yesterday so the bull market is intact
    Buy the dips!!!
  • Options
    bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    bestday,

My comment was all joking. Thus the reason for the wink face at the end of the sentence.

I am sure there will be many more posts about gold here all saying the same thing.

• Options
    im glad i bought those jefferson spouse gold bullion coins
    Sometimes I wish I was dead. Wait, not me. You. - Jack Handy
  • Options
    PonyExpress8PonyExpress8 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭
    It actually for a brief few moments broke $800 yesterday. In another thread posted about a month ago by Saint Guru about gold hitting $800 by the end of the year I stated it would hit $800 by the end of the month. I thought it would be close but to actually hit it, wow.

Nothing has changed economically to reverse this long term trend. The bias is upward as long as the dollar keeps its steady fall.
    The End of the Line in the West.

Website-Americana Rare Coin Inc
  • Options

<< <i>bestday,

My comment was all joking. Thus the reason for the wink face at the end of the sentence.

I am sure there will be many more posts about gold here all saying the same thing. >>

Any gold coin should do well in the next 3 months If oil can go up over 35 % in five weeks ,gold just might follow ..don't get faked out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file