Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My NewP for the YN (her 1st Morgan) *PICS*

I mentioned picking this coin out for her on my first day at the Sarasota Coin Show (thread)... and how I really loved the glistening reverse.

Dropped it in acetone, let it soak for 3-4 days.... thought it might be residue on the obverse - guess not, still looks crappy... - oh well.

(The triple pics are same coin, but with different lighting/angle)

Comments

• Options
    jhusmanjhusman Posts: 1,082
    The reverse is awesome.
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The reverse is awesome. >>

I'm with him!

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yip, Thats a 21 Morgan awrite image
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    You might want to try a 10% soultion of ammonia and distilled water to remove the white streaks on the obverse.

Christopher.
  • Options

<< <i>You might want to try a 10% soultion of ammonia and distilled water to remove the white streaks on the obverse.

Christopher. >>

Never heard of that before? Is that for haze, or something?
  • Options
    I believe I did recently see something on TV/video about said method. Sorry, but I can't remember any specifics. It may have been some curatorial museum show or such...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file