Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

NPB strike. action needed

My old pal Stew_ rec'd a gig from eBay because he stiffed a seller $3K for some bogus T206s. This seller was warned by a couple of people that the cards were obvious fakes and responded in a less than gracious manner.

Original scam

The seller has since relisted these counterfeits and is recieving bids.

There is no mechanism available to show ebay comparison photos and such. Thus, after much pleading eBay refuses to remove the Strike. This puts Stewie's scammer hassling on Hold. The claim tech suggests that if this guy is reported enough there's a good chance it may happen. Help.

1. The relisted scam

2. The relisted item #

3. Report counterfeits here

Appreciate it!

Comments

• Options
    Wasn't there a thread on this same seller with the same cards a few weeks ago?
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

She is clearly, and i might add in large letters, selling these as reprints now. So what's the problem?
  • Options
    Edited to say: NEVERMIND! I DIDN'T READ BETWEEN THE LINES. GO GET 'EM STEW!!!
  • Options
    Dont see a problem there, even highlighted reprints, would still give her $51 dollars, looks pretty neat.
  • Options
    Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    Carew, "Selling reprints" and "selling AS reprints", even a newbee would agree, is apples and oranges.
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Anyone ever find it ironic that the people who try to pull scams like these cannot spell a freakin word right to save their life?
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options

<< <i>Carew, "Selling reprints" and "selling AS reprints", even a newbee would agree, is apples and oranges. >>

No
    I'm tired of trying to take auctions like this down because every time one goes away, 3 more come back in its place
    Ebay does not care.
    Repeat
    EBAY DOES NOT CARE

Its about time buyers started using their own head instead of me (or others) wasting the time in trying to protect them.
    The same buyers that bid on this will bid on a reprint 52 Mantle after this auction gets taken down.

Nuff said
  • Options
    are they required to put REPRINT in the title ?
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    I guess I don't see the problem here. She is selling them as reprints which in my book that is the same as selling reprints. I agree that most of the people on eBay know whether they are selling reprints or not but I honestly believe that some people don't know what they have. This could be the case here. But I have been told I am naive before. I just don't think that all people are con artists out to screw the unsuspecting.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options

<< <i>She is selling them as reprints which in my book that is the same as selling reprints >>

Correct, but she wasn’t selling them as reprints in the first auction. The first auction doesn’t mention anything about them being reprints. Somebody could have easily gotten burned for a lot of money, but “Stew” took one for the team! Thanks, Stew!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>She is selling them as reprints which in my book that is the same as selling reprints >>

Correct, but she wasn’t selling them as reprints in the first auction. The first auction doesn’t mention anything about them being reprints. Somebody could have easily gotten burned for a lot of money, but “Stew” took one for the team! Thanks, Stew! >>

I am not saying that she wasn't wrong in the first auction. But I am saying that this could be because she sincerely thought they were real. And I am glad that Stew "won" that auction and didn't pay. But the new auction, in my opinion, is perfectly fine. At some point I think the bidder has to take responsibility for their auctions... er, actions.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Options
    bifff257bifff257 Posts: 751 ✭✭

<< <i>But the new auction, in my opinion, is perfectly fine. At some point I think the bidder has to take responsibility for their auctions... er, actions. >>

I agree,

However, when a seller adds the "STORY" to their auction:::

" and 4 old time tobacco baseball cards glued to the back."
    "My husband who does rubbish removal"
    "found this frame and about 10 other's in the basement of a dirty old house. "
    "We were told that these cards were put in cigarette packs to stiffen up the pack"
    "must be very small packs of cigarette's."
    "They are called tobacco baseball cards"

I feel they are being deceptive and thus leading a potential buyer into bidding thinking they may have the next great "find"image

• Options
    2k for reprints.......................ummmmmmmmmm hello?????????
    "You must understand the difference in things that are similar, and the similarity of things that are different"

• Options
    I'm really not trying to be arguementative here. Honest. But what is the harm in the story *if* it is true? I am not saying this person is not a scammer. It is very possible (and maybe even likely) that she is. But at the same time I think people have the right to sell what they want on eBay if they are being truthful and disclose problems. In all fairness, though, she should have listed the "selling as reprints" statement first.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm really not trying to be arguementative here. Honest. But what is the harm in the story *if* it is true? I am not saying this person is not a scammer. It is very possible (and maybe even likely) that she is. But at the same time I think people have the right to sell what they want on eBay if they are being truthful and disclose problems. In all fairness, though, she should have listed the "selling as reprints" statement first.

Chris >>

Problem is, she's toeing the line and talking out of both sides of her mouth. As biff pointed out, she's painting a picture of the cards being real ("these cards were put in cigarette packs"), which is not true. They are reprints and were never in a cigarette pack. To make a passing comment of selling them as reprints does not offset her old photo, old house story.

I can see both arguements but have to side against the Seller because it is misleading.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    Item removed! Those that helped out, Thanks a lot.

Those that sided with the thief, Get yer head out yer a22es!
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Viva la revolucion!
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>Item removed! Those that helped out, Thanks a lot.

Those that sided with the thief, Get yer head out yer a22es! >>

I'm not siding with anyone. I personally think the bidders should get their heads out of their asses.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards