Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

What get's the award? Current finest, or all time finest?

I was wondering what takes the cake at the end of the year when PSA prints your name? Is it the current finest, or the all time finest set?

Why I ask is because for the current finest my dad and I are #1, but for the all time finest we are #2? It doesn't make since to me that PSA would award the all time finest when my dad and I (and I am sure tons more) have cards from the all time finest #1 set.

Thanks everyone,
Jeff

Comments

• Jeff,

It is the current finest that takes the award. What is your set?

David
  • baseballjeffbaseballjeff Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much!

Jeff

Here is the link to the set:

Link

Here is what I am just working on:

Link
  • Who chose the cards to be in that set?
    Though they are all nice cards, it seems like an odd assortment
  • baseballjeffbaseballjeff Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    I don't know who chose for what cards make up the set, and what don't. Honestly, both my dad and I have put in requests for particular cards to be added. However, the friendly folks at PSA see it differently.
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I tried putting in requests for that set as well, and it fell on deaf ears. The set as it's listed makes no sense at all, and what is included is completely arbitrary. I gave up on adding to mine a couple of years ago.
    IMO they should scrap it and start over correctly, including every issue they grade.
    It's missing E91A, B & C, E92 and E94 but has E90-2, it has '38 Goudey but not '41 Goudey, '54 Johnston Cookies but not '53 or '55, '60 Bell Brand but not '58, '58 Hires but not '58 Hires Test, etc etc etc.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• PSA was trying to get a few represenative cards from each year...thats why its called Ultimate Vintage Sample....it wasnt trying to be all incompassing...some of themore obscure issues were cut if more well known issues existed for a particular year...