Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Okay admit it. Who stayed home from work today...

so you could do one last sub under the October special?

I'll raise my hand image

Better yet, has anyone ever brought their cards to work with them to finish up or start a sub?

Comments

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    i didn't take today off but i have brought my cards to work in order to get to the post office.

i thought everyone did that????
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i stay home from work everyday,work is highly overrated
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i stay home from work everyday,work is highly overrated >>

Sounds fun image
  • Options
    I stayed home from work today but I'm sick. Nothing like being sick on your birthday. I've had an ear infection since last Saturday that landed me in the ER and left me temporarily deaf in my right ear.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not today. I started with a new comapny earlier this month and my "sick days" are not as liberal.

It also helped in my old job that my boss was 2 states away, never called and occassionaly sent me an e-mail.
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

<< <i>I stayed home from work today but I'm sick. Nothing like being sick on your birthday. I've had an ear infection since last Saturday that landed me in the ER and left me temporarily deaf in my right ear. >>

What??

Can you please speak up?

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Can you please speak up?

That's funny! Now, get back to "work" on your PSA submission!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I stayed home from work today but I'm sick. Nothing like being sick on your birthday. I've had an ear infection since last Saturday that landed me in the ER and left me temporarily deaf in my right ear. >>

What??

Can you please speak up?

image >>

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I'm in the working for yourself camp. It's easier for me to be self-motivated than to have some scmhuck with an ugly tie try and give me a pep-talk every 20 minutes. Back when I did work in restaurants, my number one motivation was to do everything correctly in order to avoid my superiors talking to me for any reason. That's pretty much a sign that you shouldn't be working for people.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm in the working for yourself camp. It's easier for me to be self-motivated than to have some scmhuck with an ugly tie try and give me a pep-talk every 20 minutes. Back when I did work in restaurants, my number one motivation was to do everything correctly in order to avoid my superiors talking to me for any reason. That's pretty much a sign that you shouldn't be working for people. >>

Me too Lee. I used to work for a dude that took advantage of me by not paying me what I was worth and giving me all the tougher jobs to do. I needed the job at the time and really couldnt do much about it. I still relish the day I was able to start my own thing. The look on his face when I told him I couldnt work for him anymore was something I will never forget image
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I've been on a two month hiatus from work...and I'm only 24. It's been nice, like being in college again, summer vacation and all. It all ends next week though, I'll be pulling 16 hour days, 6 or 7 days a week until February. I'm looking forward to it though, I'm bored with being bored.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Oh, and Happy Birthday Ripken.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options

<< <i>Oh, and Happy Birthday Ripken. >>

Oh yes, I forgot to say that as well.

Happy birthday image
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    I'm staying home from work today.
    Unfortunately, it's because I've got a foundation crack under my house and I have to supervise the crew doing the repair work. Man, this is gonna cost me a fortune image
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    haha...i have actually brought in cards on several occasions to finish a sub. basically for printing the labels and prepping the packaging. they are already in card savers. the lighting is better at my office than at home so i will weed out a few at work before actually submitting.

...to answer the thread, i did not stay home today.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    I'm self-employed but found myself at the office anyways image

And happy birthday, ripkenintheminors.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    I stayed home not to work on cards but to attend my 4 yr olds party at pre-school. It is over and now I am doing cards.

Dave
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options
    I am staying work from home today.

If your wife nagged as much as mine you would know what I mean!
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Still waiting on my 2 Tallboy specials from August before i send anymore in this year.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    how many hundreds of emmitts you sending in matt?
  • Options

<< <i>how many hundreds of emmitts you sending in matt? >>

It's a mixture of Emmitt, Aikman, Irvin, Johnston and 1 Marion Barber card image

Approx. 80 cards. Also, the All World Emmitt you sent me is going too image
  • Options
    bifff257bifff257 Posts: 751 ✭✭

<< <i>It's easier for me to be self-motivated than to have some scmhuck with an ugly tie try and give me a pep-talk every 20 minutes. >>

Hey Lee be careful, I am one of those ugly scmhucks with a tieimage