Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

even if I had $5500 to spend...

...I doubt I could pull the trigger on this auction.

That's a big card for such a small feedback number.

I love that card so much. It bums me out to know I'll probably never have one.

Comments

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    The seller would be smart to try and build up some type of feedback prior to selling such an item or at least have someone that you know sell it that has a better feedback on Ebay.
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, is that card really worth that much? I didn't realize.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    I love his user name - gotumluck. That's what you have to ask yourself before buying from a seller with zero feedback.
  • Options
    I have a feeling the only thing this seller will be getting out of this auction is some ebay fees...image
  • Options
    99% chance the seller is bogus as is the card. (stolen image from someone else?)
  • Options
    <<<I have a feeling the only thing this seller will be getting out of this auction is some ebay fees...>>>

You got that right. Great card, but honestly, nobody in their right mind who would spend this kind of money on a card, is going to take a chance with a "0" feedback seller unless he can verify the seller is real. The other issue is the seller is looking for PSA 4 "NQ" money for a card that should be maybe a high 3 in value.
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭✭
    What is it with these sellers from my old hometown?
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be a scam but not a certainty because of the prices he is asking. Could be a guy looking to get a sale, and buy the card offered for sale cheaper on another website - flip it for a quick buck...not illegal at all....but it might be against ebay rules, I'm not sure.

In any event, I surely wouldn't pay him any money unless I could pickup the card in person.
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    I just emailed him about if he would do a pickup. He lives outside of Chicago about 20 minutes from my house. See if he replys.
  • Options
    I had a local gentleman contact me re: several Wilson Franks he had for sale, including Ted Williams and Nellie Fox, about one month before the Nationals. According to his eBay listings, the seller lives in Glen Ellyn which is less than one hour from my home/office. I'm 99% certain the seller is the same collector who called me with Wilson Franks for sale, and if so, I'm confident the auctions listings are legit. Since I specialize in football cards, I couldn't speak to his list prices. And if I remember correctly, he had another one or two available for sale.