Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

PSA; Carol...someone needs to buy back this card

Please look at this auction. This is the biggest joke I've seen
in a PSA 10 card. PSA 10 OPC Yzerman RC I didn't realize 80/20 centering or worse commands a 10. Even the seller claims that the item is real, and that grading is a joke. Come on! I'm tired of seeing
this crap.

I must of missed the email where PSA has joined forces with GRA (Graded Rookies Authentic)

According to the PSA Certification Database, certification number 01420826 is defined as the following:

ITEM INFORMATION
Year: 1984
Brand: O-PEE-CHEE
Player: STEVE YZERMAN
Variety: N/A
Grade: 10

Comments

• lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
  • Not only is it OC, but is there not a tilt to the card as well?
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geez, that's awful. Hope that is a labeling mistake.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭✭
    It does look ridiculous but the cert number was from about 14 years ago. The 01 starting numbers were a long time ago. The seller says he just got this back from grading. This scenario is not adding up to me. PSA's standard is going downhill but it's not this bad yet. My recent sub. with centering that bad got 5's and 6's.
  • Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

If you think PSA graders graded the card this way--you are on crack. This is in the QC control dept that types up those dam little stickers with the wrong grade/name/year. I finally stopped sending mine in to PSA to correct them and sold them as is. Anyone with a half a brain that sees this auction ought to be able to put 2 and 2 together. But then again.... I have a Rod Carew PERMAGRAPHIC card in PSA holder right now with the label showing Barry Sanders Score rookie card in a PSA 10. CERT #12474158
  • Oops, my bad on not seeing the other thread on this. It's been a long week...
  • metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    People make mistakes. For Example- do a Ebay search for Jim McGlothlin auto in Ebay Stores. I was happy finding this auto-it is real imo and I emailed the seller pointing out the flaw. At best a Mac auto is worth about 50 here in Cincy, I thought after I pointed out the flip problem he would reduce the price or change the listing details. NOPE. Nope Nope. How did a 8 get labeled as a 10?.- People make mistakes. What makes me wanna chokeslam Stiz is NOT OWNING UP TO MAKING A MISTAKE AND NOT MAKING IT RIGHT.
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.

• << <i>It does look ridiculous but the cert number was from about 14 years ago. The 01 starting numbers were a long time ago. The seller says he just got this back from grading. This scenario is not adding up to me. PSA's standard is going downhill but it's not this bad yet. My recent sub. with centering that bad got 5's and 6's. >>

They started using the 01 again
    Looking for in PSA graded
    1. 75-76 Topps Keith/Jamaal Wilkes in Psa 8+
    2. 1971-72 Trio stickers PSA 8+
    3. BSKB 1977-78 topps psa 10

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Action Packed HOF Autos(need elvin hayes,both bill bradley,and the 1st bill walton)
    2001 and 2005 Greats of the Game
    UD=retro,epic,legends,legendary,generations and chronology
    2006 Topps Style 1952 Fan Favorites Autos #/10 (Refractor Autos)
    Press Pass Legends
  • metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    Psa needs to hire proofreaders- not here but in the Flip department........HA HA HA Any media company worth it's weight in salt has people to cross check. Another reason for East Coast PSA. Mike p.s. let me know when Psa opens it's Eastern division. image
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    Holy Schnike!

/s/ JackWESQ
  • cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    That's as bad as that '66 Killebrew 10.

Another flip error?

Quality control is very much lacking.

There's no way that TWO graders looked that card over
    and both assigned it a 10. PSA need's to update their grading video.

• baseballjeffbaseballjeff Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    It's posts like this that may help PSA get there act in gear again.

I commend you for starting this thread!

Cheers,
    Jeff