Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2008 CSNS Elections - Candidates so far

Received an e-mail from Jerry Lebo, Secretary-Treasurer of the Central States Numismatic Society, this evening. Looks like the 2008 elections might get interesting (not unlike the recent ANA election). While CSNS does not have the scandal and mudslinging that the ANA was known for, the organization appears to be yearning for some change. Listed below are the candidates that are officially running. Foodude, Purduenut, and yes, good ol' Dorancoins are running (in my case, on the third attempt.) More than likely that this list will grow some when it is all said and done.

2008 CSNS Election

For President

Patricia Jagger Finner, Wisconsin

For Vice President

Donald Charters, Michigan

For Governor

James Moores, Missouri (incumbent)

W. Ray Lockwood, Indiana (incumbent)

Wendell Wolka (Purduenut), Indiana (incumbent)

Bruce Benoit, Wisconsin (incumbent)

Jack Huggins, Illinois (incumbent)

David Heinrich, Ohio

Greg Allen (foodude), Minnesota

Paul Padget, Ohio (incumbent)

Bruce Perdue, Illinois

Michael Doran (dorancoins), Illinois

Donald Dool, Illinois

Also, there will be a item on the ballot which asks whether to allow up to 3 people from the same state to hold seats on the board of governors (current constitution allows only 2). I am 100% opposed to it because this could have the potential for one state to have a "monopoly" over the CSNS board.
DORAN COINS - On Facebook, Instagram, X (formerly Twitter), & www.dorancoins.net - UPCOMING SHOWS (tentative dates)- 10/8/2023 - Fairfield, IL, 11/5/2023 - Urbana, IL., 12/3/2023 - Mattoon, IL.

Comments

• Options
    NewmismatistNewmismatist Posts: 1,802 ✭✭
    CSNS Election Results

President -Patti Finner
    Vice President - Donald Charters

Governors (10 elected)

Wendell Wolka
    Ray Lockwood
    Paul Padget
    Donald Young
    Greg Allen
    Bruce Benoit
    Jim Moores
    Jack Huggins
    Michael Dennany
    David Heinrich
    Collecting eye-appealing Proof and MS Indian Head Cents, 1858 Flying Eagle and IHC patterns and beautiful toned coins.

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.” Mark Twain
    Newmismatist
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    It's good to see that all of my preferred candidates won their sought after seats in this election. In my opinion the several people who deserved to win actually won.

In the spirit of this past thread it's refreshing to see that the voting body of the CSNS as a whole opted for "ABMD" when it came time to vote.

ABMD...ABMD...ABMD...
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    smallchangesmallchange Posts: 192 ✭✭✭
    Glad to see Paul Padget made it. One of my alltime favorite dealers.
    Successful BST transactions with lkenefic, AnkurJ, ajia, stephunter, No lawyer
  • Options
    When only one "candidate" for a specific office is presented on the Ballot there must be a reason. This seems to me to defeat the purpose of the Election process. I don't know anything about the CSNS, but assume it is a worthy and respected organization. Why is there only one candidate for President and one for Vice President? Just curious. Respectfully, John Curlis
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

<< <i>When only one "candidate" for a specific office is presented on the Ballot there must be a reason. This seems to me to defeat the purpose of the Election process. I don't know anything about the CSNS, but assume it is a worthy and respected organization. Why is there only one candidate for President and one for Vice President? Just curious. Respectfully, John Curlis >>

Finding people who fit the criteria and actually want to serve as the president or vice president is the problem.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    dorancoinsdorancoins Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's good to see that all of my preferred candidates won their sought after seats in this election. In my opinion the several people who deserved to win actually won.

In the spirit of this past thread it's refreshing to see that the voting body of the CSNS as a whole opted for "ABMD" when it came time to vote.

ABMD...ABMD...ABMD... >>

How about ABWTCG? It's pretty pathetic when one makes nasty comments like the one that WTCG has posted. The only reason I lost was because two other candidates from Illinois ran (and they lost, too.) The election is over - lets move on (and for some, get a life!)
    DORAN COINS - On Facebook, Instagram, X (formerly Twitter), & www.dorancoins.net - UPCOMING SHOWS (tentative dates)- 10/8/2023 - Fairfield, IL, 11/5/2023 - Urbana, IL., 12/3/2023 - Mattoon, IL.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file