Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Why go with anyone but the big 3?

Somebody trying to save a little money? Or someone trying to get better grades with a basement grading service? Inquiring minds want to know.
Why God, Why!!

Comments

• Options
    Oh come on now, what's wrong with My It's Now Trimmed grading? image
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options

<< <i>Somebody trying to save a little money? Or someone trying to get better grades with a basement grading service? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Why God, Why!! >>

You really don't know the reason?
    It's so they can a grade on an otherwise ungradable card (trimmed, altered, colored...)
  • Options
    Let's do some math. Mint now charges $3 per card to grade LOL.
    So those 8 cards cost a total of $24 to grade....final price of auction is $34.95. He should of just sold them all raw.
  • Options

<< <i>Oh come on now, what's wrong with My It's Now Trimmed grading? image >>

image I never heard it put like that.
  • Options

<< <i>Let's do some math. Mint now charges $3 per card to grade LOL.
    So those 8 cards cost a total of $24 to grade....final price of auction is $34.95. He should of just sold them all raw. >>

Exactly. He spent $24 and after you add the Ship/Hand + Insurance = Absoulutely ZERO profit. Should've sold them raw and could've actually made a buck. Of course maybe the person hadn't had any experience with grading and thought that it didn't matter which company he used. Like I did many years ago.
    Now don't slaughter me: I'm tempted to crack this thing but I'd probably destroy it. This card literally went straight from the pack to a penny and into a semi-rigid holder so the grade is most likely pretty close but probably a 9.0.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I'm partial to PSG:

PogoStickGrading.com

The originators of the 4 point grading system!
    Mike
  • Options
    metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    Grade my cards used to/still does slab cards without a grade- protection only if I remember right....WCG which is Ken Goldin's (after Classic) grading company is another example of cards that for the most part are authentic but usually overgraded. The Bonds rookie auto cards xxx/500 are real and crossover well. Wcg has a lot of sheetcut wrongback/ blankback cards from the 1980's/90's slabbed along with a bunch of 1969 Topps decals- all cut from a find of uncut strips, but still cheap. Do a feebay search on WCG/ 1969 decals. DON WEST would be proud. Mike
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.