Home Sports Talk
Options

You stay classy, Penn State.

RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items

Comments

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    that's ok, they suck at football.image
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    That's almost as classy as my new sig.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats the big deal?

He walks through a keg party of 20 year old fans of an opposing team with a rival shirt on and got beer thrown at him! He is lucky he didnt get the crap beat out of him.
  • Options
    Those guys deserve to get beat down for that...
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Disgusting >>

Of course it's not acceptable what they did. But I would have to believe that beer throwing incidents such as this take place on almost every major college campus, probably every weekend, and especially during football season.

If this bothers you so much to have to start a thread on it, then you must live a very sheltered life. If this happened to me while visiting an opposing team's campus, I would have laughed about it and forgot about it five minutes later. I've had more beer accidentally spilled on me during college parties than what they threw. LOL

-
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭
    I got one word for this video.

FAKE.

Seriously, did you happen to notice that black trash bag thingy that just happened to be behind those alleged OSU fans? This whole video was as fake as wrestling, I just know it.
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options

<< <i>I've had more beer accidentally spilled on me during college parties than what they threw. >>

Good times.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    its kinda sad that this was the "sickest f'n thing" that guy has ever seen. Must be a freshman from a small town that hasnt been to many parties yet.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    Are those full beer cans being thrown at the guys head? I couldn't tell because of the bad quality of the vid.

If so, then that truly is disgusting.
  • Options

<< <i>its kinda sad that this was the "sickest f'n thing" that guy has ever seen. Must be a freshman from a small town that hasnt been to many parties yet. >>

It wouldn't have cracked my top 100.

• Options
    Hang on a tick. Of course this stuff goes one, but it's tiresome to see it every weekend. It's kind of ironic that you don't see this crap with pro football games, but it does go on every weekend on college campuses. How about sportsmanship and class? Especially from Penn State, who claims to be that way? I would expect this from some schools, but come on. Show some class.

And also, it's not fake. Penn State's student affairs division is investigating it and has already ID'd the lead culprit according to news reports.

Stay classy,

Ron

PS. Goose is right. They DO suck at football.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options

<< <i>Hang on a tick. Of course this stuff goes one, but it's tiresome to see it every weekend. It's kind of ironic that you don't see this crap with pro football games, but it does go on every weekend on college campuses. How about sportsmanship and class? Especially from Penn State, who claims to be that way? I would expect this from some schools, but come on. Show some class.

And also, it's not fake. Penn State's student affairs division is investigating it and has already ID'd the lead culprit according to news reports.

Stay classy,

Ron

PS. Goose is right. They DO suck at football. >>

Penn State finished 3rd in the country in football two seasons ago and has won national championships. Joe Paterno is one of the top coaches in NCAA history and you know that. You should think for a second before making asinine remarks...and posting videos seemingly in an attempt to denigrate a college.

-
  • Options

<< <i>its kinda sad that this was the "sickest f'n thing" that guy has ever seen. Must be a freshman from a small town that hasnt been to many parties yet. >>

You got that right! And this was during the day - gets a lot worse at night and I loved every minute of it during my two years up at State College. You just gotta know how to handle it and there is never a problem. If you can't handle it, then go join Buddhist Monk University and attend their parties. LOL
  • Options
    Hey, I just saw this video on the internet. RonBurgundy might like it. Make sure the volume is turned up for a full entertainment experience.

New Video
  • Options

<< <i>Hey, I just saw this video on the internet. RonBurgundy might like it. Make sure the volume is turned up for a full entertainment experience.

New Video >>

Definitely worth watching, even though there is only 7 words spoken during the entire video. Shortly after taking a swig of my beverage, I spit beer on my LCD flat screen. Thanks for that!!
  • Options
    LOL tough guy...if you got tagged in the head with a full beer can
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    as always

a class act at happy valley
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Someone is a little upset over that 37-17 throttling and a way below .500 record vs. Ohio State since joining the B10. But to quell the fury, I'd like to offer up a peace offering, something taken from a column written after the game:

Isn’t it a great feeling knowing that Penn State is back where they belong, nestled snugly next to Iowa, Michigan State and Purdue. So cozy. So quaint. So…meaningless.

And isn’t it a great feeling putting them there?

Saturday night’s game was a tremendous display of precision offense and persistent defense. Penn State had no answers for the Ohio State offense. They were so far off-balance, you would have thought the white-out gave the Nits vertigo. And while the Penn State offense did give the Buckeye defense some trouble, they still only put the ball in the endzone once, and were held to 263 yards of total offense.

It was like ones against twos out there.

A loss like this is really going to take some time to get over for Penn State fans.

Ron Burgundy

• Options
    By the way, care to defend the students that threw bottles of urine at the Ohio State band in 2005? It was so bad that members of the band were injured and they decided not to go to the game at State College this year.

But the team didn't forget:

"Message to the Band: The trip to Happy Valley in 2007 was a lot happier for the Buckeyes than the trip in 2005. Not only was the outcome of the game not quite what the Buckeyes were hoping for in 2005, but in 2005 the OSU marching band took so much abuse from Penn State fans after the game that they elected not to return to Happy Valley in 2007. There was a message delivered to the band from the OSU postgame from a member of the OSU football team that was on the field in both of those games.
    "Real quick before I go on, I just want to say we dedicated this to our band, well, that's something I came up with because they couldn't come back after they had like piss bombs and blood balls thrown at them last year, so this is for our band," said OSU senior offensive tackle Kirk Barton, interrupting a football-related question to get out his message to the band.

"Make sure you let them know we're thinking about them right now," Barton said.

"It was so bad they couldn't come back. Let them know we're thinking about them."

So let's just not pass this off as "college kids having fun."

Ron Burgundy

• Options
    I can't believe there is anyone defending the actions of the losers on this video. There is no excuse for this, none. To try to pass it off as "kids having fun" is stupid. It does not happen on college campus "all the ime". I live in Gainesville, can't count how many Gator games I've been to and have never seen anything even close to this type of behavior here.

This is just plain wrong.
  • Options
    Great point. I went to the BCS Championship game and all of the Gator fans I encountered were pretty cool, including those I saw after the game.

Don't get me wrong, Penn State has great fans too but this kind of stuff is indefensible.
    Ron Burgundy

• Options
    Well this year you've got football bragging rights and that's fine. Of course I don't like that, but that's okay - all part of being a fan. Congrats to Ohio State for now. We'll see what happens next season. Penn State will have a much stronger football team next year.

Well you like YouTube videos so much, here's another one for ya about your former football coach...a real "classy" guy, right? Seems to me like maybe you're a bit jealous of the truly class act that is Joe Paterno. No need to be jealous just because he isn't your school's coach - Joe should be admired by all for who he is and what he represents.

Enjoy some memories of your "classy" former football coach:

Video of Woody Hayes at work

-

• Options
    Yes, that's former Ohio State football coach Woody Hayes PUNCHING the opposing team's player because the player intercepted a pass.
  • Options
    rajah424rajah424 Posts: 439 ✭✭
    As a Georgia fan i don't really have a dog in this fight. But i do remember a few years back Penn State ran the score up pretty good against Rutgers and after the game the Rutgers coach questioned Paterno at midfield. Paterno went ballastic and dropped a few F-bombs on national tv. If i remember correctly PSU threw a bomb in the closing minute. I don't know if there is video on this, the game was on ESPN.

I work for a large G.C. and we have many PSU grads who are all great people, but i think people outside of Pa. would be surprised to find that Paterno's reputation is not quite as high as they think.

I still hate him for beating UGA for one of his National Championships. image
  • Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    Steve,

Maybe you have been to a few too many Philadelphia Eagles games and think this is ok. image

Not sure of the validity of the information regarding the video, but it looks like it speaks for itself. My problem with it is that I can't see college kids wasting beer. Just a bunch of a-hole college kids doing a-hole things. Nothing to be very proud of. My daughter is up there this year (I'm glad I didn't see her in the video).

John
    PSU '83

editted to add: Rajah, I was at that game!image
    Wondo

• Options

<< <i>Steve,

Maybe you have been to a few too many Philadelphia Eagles games and think this is ok. image

Not sure of the validity of the information regarding the video, but it looks like it speaks for itself. My problem with it is that I can't see college kids wasting beer. Just a bunch of a-hole college kids doing a-hole things. Nothing to be very proud of. My daughter is up there this year (I'm glad I didn't see her in the video).

John
    PSU '83

editted to add: Rajah, I was at that game!image >>

<<< Maybe you have been to a few too many Philadelphia Eagles games and think this is ok. image >>>

I'll repost the first sentence from my first comment in this thread.

"Of course it's not acceptable what they did."

Hey, I agree with you, for sure a waste of beer. Even wasting a bad beer such as Iron City beer, would still be a waste. image

-
  • Options
    <<< I work for a large G.C. and we have many PSU grads who are all great people, but i think people outside of Pa. would be surprised to find that Paterno's reputation is not quite as high as they think. >>>

That's your opinion. Anyone could Google "Joe Paterno" and find a lot of articles disagreeing with you.
  • Options
    SteveK you seem to be taking this awful personal.

Must be because you guys BLOW so bad this year.imageimage

Maybe you could also post some of the stories relating to PSU's running back that has been charged with, what? Rape? No need to dredge up things from the past......

The stuff in Ron's video is indefensible and if anyone thinks that sort of crap doesn't happen at campuses all over the US at times, they are truly naive. I'm sure it, or even worse, has happened at OSU at times.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The stuff in Ron's video is indefensible and if anyone thinks that sort of crap doesn't happen at campuses all over the US at times, they are truly naive. I'm sure it, or even worse, has happened at OSU at times. >>

It happens EVERYWHERE like you said but at the end of the day its just freakin' beer! People need to lighten up and stop acting like this kid got beat down and strung up!
  • Options
    Maybe the kid is allergic to beer!image

I live about 75 miles from Columbus. I always joke that one of these years we'll be able to see the fires that the students set after some big game.
  • Options
    baird34baird34 Posts: 1,174
    In no way am I defending Penn State fans for some of their actions as of late at home games... but we were not the only one's showing their level of class this weekend in Happy Valley.... Paternoville

WANTED: Yogi Berra Signed Ron Lewis '69 Mets Postcard
  • Options
    Steve -

I hear ya, bro. I usually root for PSU when they're not playing the Buckeyes.

Woody was great, wasn't he? image

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

• Options

<< <i>SteveK you seem to be taking this awful personal.

Must be because you guys BLOW so bad this year.imageimage

Maybe you could also post some of the stories relating to PSU's running back that has been charged with, what? Rape? No need to dredge up things from the past......

The stuff in Ron's video is indefensible and if anyone thinks that sort of crap doesn't happen at campuses all over the US at times, they are truly naive. I'm sure it, or even worse, has happened at OSU at times. >>

Personal? Yes. Penn State and Penn State football means a lot to me.

Penn State played their hearts out against the teams they lost to this season - we just weren't good enough and that was quite clear against Ohio State...not nearly good enough. Right now I'd be happy with a top 25 finish and a cheap Bowl - it's still possible. Next season looks good - Penn State should definitely be in the top 10 with an outside chance at a championship. We'll try again next year, and we'll be doing it with one of the greatest, most respected and admired college football coaches of all time.

-