Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

pats or colts this week and why

i was just wondering who everyone thought would win this game and why? i have no doubt one of these 2 will win the superbowl again this year....image

Comments

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some may say....

This IS this year's SuperBowl.

mike
    Mike
  • Well you don't give much of a choice between Indy or colts.....but I say Patriots, just an overall better team
    ---------------------------------------------
    Authorized wholesale dealer for BCW, if you need any supplies let me know and I will get you a quote
  • I think you meant Colts or Pats, not Indy or Colts

Colts or Pats? Colts
    Why? Manning
  • 1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    yes sorry about that
    thanks topps
  • I am going with the Colts for two reasons. One, Manning will step up and have a huge game (to tack onto all of his others). Two, the Colts are on their home field. It will be a close game though, probably until the end.
    PAVEL BURE "THE RUSSIAN ROCKET"

I am looking for ANY Pavel Bure cards you might be willing to sell off. Please just send me a PM if you do. Thanks!!

Successful Transactions with: bigfische, BobaFett72, Karb
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the pressure is on - especially labelled "the big game?"

I like Brady over Manning.

mike
    Mike
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    45-13 Pats

Why? Because they have Brady who is extremely confident right now. He always has been, but this is the best group of receivers he has ever had.

Also they have been preparing for this game since the beginning of the season using every other team like a pre-season matchup image
  • Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    Pats... It's like Varsity vs JV.
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭
    Colt's because they are just BETTER. I don't think Indy can stop the Pat's offense and I do think the Pat's defense can stop Indy's offense. I have heard the line is 5. If I were a betting man I would take the Pat's. I would even take the Pat's if the line were 10. It's been a joke this season the way they are beating people.
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Pats - not a blowout like their first eight games, but still a comfortable win. Why? Brady is beyond lights out this year, and the primary reasons are Moss, Welker and Stallworth. Brady has always been a very good QB, but with a stable of legit WRs, he's been magnificent.

Geordie
  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

We probably will never see this again. Defending Super bowl champs, rolls off 7 victories in a row and is an underdog at HOME!

Very doubtful that it has every happened before. I gotta pick the Pats to win as they are unstopable. This game may go

down to whoever has the ball last wins.

Pats 31- 17
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭✭
    I selected the Colts in my weekly office pool (but gave them the lowest rating of all the games). I don't know why, I just have a feeling. In any case, what a matchup.
  • i haven seen an NFL team this dominant for a looooong time.

should still be a good game. The colts are also undefeated and the defending champs. They are no pushovers.

That being said, I'd like the pats to win.
  • Strange how defending, undefeated, Superbowl champs get no respect, still gotta like the Pats, incredible offense. Tim
  • jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Pats 49-21. Brady 5 TDs, including one with 1:14 left to Moss. The Pats are on a mission this year to shatter every record imaginable.

I can't wait for the Super Bowl when they hang 60 on somebody, as an exclamation point to this season.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patriots because they are better, plain and simple!

Pats 34-21
  • Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    The PATs! Why? 'Cause Gisele says so dammit.

• mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    Can't top the last picture, but have to go with the Pats. Overall domination this year. Even undefeated, the Colts aren't dominating yet/

------
    stupid print dots

Giselle is looking too skinny! image
  • EstilEstil Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭✭
    For those who are calling this game the "Super Bowl"; what would that make the AFC Championship game if these two met again there, chopped liver? image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P+S, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 61D, 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars

• << <i>Giselle is looking too skinny! >>

That was just to symbolize the Pats chance of actually winning - skinny!image

<< <i>

<< <i>Giselle is looking too skinny! >>

That was just to symbolize the Pats chance of actually winning - skinny!image >>

image We will revisit this Sunday night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Patriots. Because I have #/20 and #/2000 Brady Rcs and only a #/300 auto & a base Manning RC.
    Seriously though. Harrison isn't quite back yet and has been out a couple of weeks. I think that the Pats Defense will pretty much control the Colts offense. Remember what they did to Dallas this year and if I remember right Dallas beat up on the Colts pretty good last year(Sorry, I had to throw that in). Plus I believe Maroney is back to normal thus the Pats Offense just has too many weapons. Dallas Clark and Reggie Wayne are going to have a tough day with Manning running for his life all day long. The Colts don't have enough quality Dbs to cover the Wrs of the Pats let alone catch them.
  • jskirwinjskirwin Posts: 700 ✭✭✭
    Pats - because it's full of geezers. Age & guile and all that...
  • tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    The Pats and Colts are playing this Sunday ?? Gee, First I've heard of it !image

• <<<Pats... It's like Varsity vs JV.>>>

Not quite this bad. It's like the varsity versus the scout team.
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • Patriots. Not going to lose a game this year.

You heard it here.

And I don't even like the Pats.

Go Vikes! And take the Gophers with you.
  • PeetiePeetie Posts: 627 ✭✭
    Colts. They have played better teams this year. Yes the Pats beat up on the Cowboys, but really haven't played anyone else.

Opponents winning pct

Colts 27-24 .529
    Pats 24-34 .413

Still gonna be a great game.
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    going with the colts.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Colts for a multitude of reasons:

- Both the Pats and Colts have dominant offenses, obviously. Is the Pats better? Probably marginally. But this year the Colts D is one of the best in the league and the Pats D hasn't looked all that great, which gets overshadowed because they score 40 a game. They're ranked highly, but I think it's blown a little out of proportion because the opposing team is usually down by 30 at half-time. Kind of easy to defend when you know a team is passing almost every down. There's a problem when you give up 28 to the Dolphins and Cleo Lemon, I don't care what the circumstances are. The Colts D hinges on whether Bob Sanders is healthy, and he looks like the defensive MVP so far. I think the Colts D has a better chance to slow down the Pats O than vice versa.

- Colts are at home, meaning they automatically have a 3 point handicap. So people really think the Pats are 8 points better than the Colts? That's a little far-fetched.

- Everybody is picking the Pats. The number one rule in gambling is to go against the popular pick.

• AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Colts win as Adam Vinatieri kicks the game winning 45 yard field goal after a perfect Manning two minute drill.
    Why? Because I am a Colts fan. but make no mistake, the Pats are good.
  • PATS!

why..Brady, Moss, Welker + Defense...its going to be a blowout

plus is Harrison even playing this week?
    life's a garden baby, dig it!
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭✭
    The Colts. Because until they lose, they're still the best team to me.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Good Morning,
    Pats hands down no question. 45-33, but game is not as close as that sounds.
    My real question is does Bilachek let the first string play out the season and get the first real chance at an unbeaten season since Miami. Or do the Bench warmers come in for the last 3 or 4 games? And the Pats finish 12-4 or 13-3.
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!

<< <i>PATS!

why..Brady, Moss, Welker + Defense...its going to be a blowout

plus is Harrison even playing this week? >>

Both Harrison and Seymour are back.
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    The Colts look good, but the Pats look unstopable. Pats win but just by 3.
    i just have this funny feeling that the colts are going to win this game late..by 3
  • jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭
    It's obvious that god has a man-crush on Tom Brady so the Pats it is
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's obvious that god has a man-crush on Tom Brady so the Pats it is >>

I thought God only wanted teams that Curt Warner played for to win??
  • jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Let's not get too excited about the Colts D just yet, although Bob Sanders is a menace....they haven't exactly played a team with any offensive firepower...they got the Saints when their O-line was struggling, and Denver with Javon Walker hurt...everyone else has had a pedestrian offense...not to say the Pats have faced any juggernauts either, but let's face it, the Pats front 7 is the best in the league, hands down - there are 4 potential Pro Bowlers there (Seymour, Wilfork, Warren, Thomas). Seymour obviously makes a big difference, they almost had a shutout last week in his first game back.

I said before the line came out that anything less than NE -7 was a steal, so to get them at -5 is a layup.

• Is it too early to start celebrating???
  • Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    I hope they can hold this lead!!!! Co Colts!!!!

Reese
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I hope the Colts can pull off the win, but I want to say that Randy Moss is more key to the Pats dominance than Tom Brady. If it was not for him the Pats would have no chance.
  • 2 TDs within minutes to win the game. Unfreakinbelievable! Congrats Pats!
  • Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    At work, no power or cable in town here. Watching the game on generator power and that silly little nfl.com playing field on the FD network and listening to a twenty year old boombox!.. Priceless. Go PATS!
  • I have no idea why I am saying this, but I feel bad for Manning. I mean, I really wish I could see how he talks to the team in the locker room!! image LOL
    PAVEL BURE "THE RUSSIAN ROCKET"

I am looking for ANY Pavel Bure cards you might be willing to sell off. Please just send me a PM if you do. Thanks!!

Successful Transactions with: bigfische, BobaFett72, Karb
    This is one of the few times I walk away from a Pats win and I'm STILL p%ssed. Hat's to the Colts' defense who really showed what they were made off, but even bigger props to the Pats' offense to come back after all that to win it. I thought the play calling was horrible and blatantly one sided. I guess the refs had money on the Colts.
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I hate the force out rule, I know that much.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com