Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Topps Porcelain Cards

Does anybody know if PSA grades these? Is it even possible to tell what year they were produced? The copyright doesn't list the year

Comments

• rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i am not real sure,ive never seen one slabbed on ebay or anywhere?,i got a bunch of em too lol -they might grade em under same service that they do the printing plates???
    randy
  • I don't own any, but are they really fragile? I have held off on buying any of the McGwires for now, but fear they will just get added to the McGwire master set, since we are well on our way to 3000+ cards in the set. Last I heard PSA wodlnt slab the printing plates. Have you seen any graded before?
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't own any, but are they really fragile? I have held off on buying any of the McGwires for now, but fear they will just get added to the McGwire master set, since we are well on our way to 3000+ cards in the set. Last I heard PSA wodlnt slab the printing plates. Have you seen any graded before? >>

don't think they grade them because of their thickness -- although they might conceivably fit into their new pack holder....
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.

• << <i>don't think they grade them because of their thickness -- although they might conceivably fit into their new pack holder.... >>

Thanks mikeschmidt, I can alway count on you to answer these type questions. How thick are they? They appear to be the same thickness as a regular card, but again, I've never seen any in-person.
    i got a ton of em from a collection i bought , im holding 2 reg cards up to one of the porcelain ones and they are pretty well twice the thickness of a reg card-i think i have about 40 nolan ryan 1968 rookie ones lol-going thru all these cards i just keep puling them out of boxes and binders ect...newest one i have is a 96 griffey jrand a few other 96's,must have been last year they made em,most of mine are dated 1993- i think most were made in early 90s from the dating on em, made by R & n china co, and the hamilton collection,their not really fragile, the are just a hunk of aluminum that they sprayed a little porcelain over and then superimposed a card on the back and front,they are pretty stout,i got a mantle one that looks like somebody took a hammer to it lol-but besides that they are tough -i had some aluminum mantles that wasnt sprayed yet that i sold to a board member
    randy

they would definately fit in the gigantic 3/4 inch thick slabs that thaey grade autoed and game used thick cards in , but prob in the pack ones as well, would fit into a reg psa slab if it was just 1/16 inch thicker,it woulnt take much,i just took out the trash with some slabs i opened and it already went or i could tell ya for sure
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I had a 52 Mantle I sold on ebay. I got four something for it.

$4.99 image
    you too matt lol- all my porcelains are on for 5.00 bin too i had 52/57/ other mantles,some are still left,got plenty of ripkins,griffeys/clemente/lots of diff nolan ryan 1968 rookie ones, i think they sold these on qvc or something if i remember right,which i usually dont-they are neat i suppose if ya have to have everything of somebody,they musta just did basebal,i dont remeber seeing any football ones-or youd have the emmitt!

hey-you got randy moss in your pic lol-he played for wvu
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>you too matt lol- all my porcelains are on for 5.00 too i had 52/57/ other mantles,ripkins,griffeys/lots of diff nolan ryan ones, i think they sold these on qvc or something if i remember right,which i usually dont

hey-you got randy moss in your pic lol-he played for wvu >>

Yeah I thought for sure it would go for more...lol

• << <i>I had a 52 Mantle I sold on ebay. I got four something for it.

$4.99 image >>

A little photo cropping, a 'creative' item description, and a 'If you're too stupid to know what you're biddy on and don't read then its not my fault' attitude and you could have done quite well with today's generation of eBayers
    thats the truth lol- kinda like the guy that would age your card any way you wanted on there a while back-
    all my porcelain bathtub cards are 5.00 buy it now- about 20 pages of em are very heavy!!!!!think half of em are 68 ryans

• << <i>thats the truth lol- kinda like the guy that would age your card any way you wanted on there a while back- >>

WHAT!! I must have missed that thread.Probably while I was in the hospital. How good was he?
  • samsgirl214samsgirl214 Posts: 2,074 ✭✭
    I bought some of these from Randy, he is right. Thick and heavy. One slipped out of my hand on the cement basement floor and not a chip on it..no cracks nothing. The ones he was talking about not getting sprayed and pretty cool. almost like a ptinting plate..hmmmmm ????

I would say they are about as thick as 2-3 reg cards..I'm suprised they don't sell for more.
  • tacprctacprc Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Randy, You said that that most of the cards were dated 1993. Were did that year appear? Did you have any Pete Rose porcelain cards? If yes, do you have any left? Thanks. Chuck