Home Sports Talk
Options

Tiger fans--Who the hell did you give us for renteria?

Who are Jair Jurrjens and Gorkys Hernandez?
My baseball and MMA articles-
http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey

Comments

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They sound like a hockey player and a Hispanic Russianimage

Steve
  • Options
    Jurrjens pitched for us toward the end of the season and did ok. He was one of our top pitching prospects. I was kind of surprised to hear he was part of the trade. You can never have enough pitching right?
  • Options
    this is because they are moving Carlos guillen to 1st correct?
  • Options
    Gorkys Hernandez is an OF that is 20 years old and hit just below .300 last year in low A. I'm very very sad to see Edgar go since I grew up watching him but Escobar should fill in nicely for him.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you know Sox fans and our love for Rent-A-Wreck image
  • Options

<< <i>you know Sox fans and our love for Rent-A-Wreck image >>

Yeah that year was a shame. It was obviously a fluke though.
  • Options
    good deal for both teams. although i would have loved to see what the cardinals would have offered for renteria given that they may need a ss with eckstein possibly leaving (here's guessing they sign vizquel to a two year contract), i'm happy wren was able to get pitching and a good OF prospect in return. the braves actually got the better deal in that red sox trade. marte, who then was subsequently traded twice (to the indians and then the dodgers), is not close to playing at the major league level. renteria, on the other hand, has been solid defensively and offensively.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    i hear that outfielder is supposed to be very good.

but i never heard of him before this deal
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    this is because they are moving Carlos Guillen to 1st correct?

From what I've heard so far, yes Guillen is supposed to move to first.