Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Just got a Josh Gibson card

A lot of $ for a modern day card, but i think it is SWEET

Comments

• rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    have you ever read the bios about him?, he died very young!!!!!sweet lookig card!
    randy
  • Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    Congrats, that is one sweet card!

Is this Gibsons only game used card?

Reese
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!

• << <i>Congrats, that is one sweet card!

Reese >>

THe story goes that their was only 2 bats in his estate and topps bought one of them, but no proof it was game used.
    There is an interesting story that the barrel card is still in the wax buster kids hands and is worth 50K or so...

STORY

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice card...congratulations.

Did you pull the card or pick it up?

When you say alot? What does the card book? Just curious.

mike
    Mike

• << <i>have you ever read the bios about him?, he died very young!!!!!sweet lookig card!
    randy >>

Thanks everyone...
    I read about him a little when Buck Oniel was in the headlines recently....I heard of him before, but didn't know much until Bucky news. I am wondering when an EFFA card will be made....i know she has like one card out there, but we need something new for her.

• << <i>Nice card...congratulations.

Did you pull the card or pick it up?

When you say alot? What does the card book? Just curious.

mike >>

I have no idea. I searched completed, and there wasn't any to compare it to. I did a BIN/BO on ebay. Seller was asking 500 and i offered 305. I have no idea if that was a rip or not, but I liked the card, so i bought it. If anyone else knows what these have sold for in the past, I would love to hear from them. I AM SURE BV is NA...

He has 2 others on ebay, also asking 500 obo, but this is the only one i wanted where it is honoring his induction, and I like this pose of him a lot better than the other two.

Please if anyone knows anything more about these, please share.
  • Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Congrats, that is one sweet card!

Reese >>

THe story goes that their was only 2 bats in his estate and topps bought one of them, but no proof it was game used.
    There is an interesting story that the barrel card is still in the wax buster kids hands and is worth 50K or so...

STORY

image >>

Cool thanks for the story. This is the first I've heard about the Gibson cards.

Reese
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • The card shop owner in that story has to be one of the freakiest looking guys I have ever seen. Like something out of Star Wars
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    more facial hair and I'd swear that's the guy who sells coins out of Lincroft

• << <i>A lot of $ for a modern day card, but i think it is SWEET

image >>

Anyone else ever see any pricing on these?
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    The odds of him ever having sex are slightly higher than the odds of pulling that Josh Gibson card.

• << <i>The odds of him ever having sex are slightly higher than the odds of pulling that Josh Gibson card. >>

• << <i>

<< <i>A lot of $ for a modern day card, but i think it is SWEET

image >>

Anyone else ever see any pricing on these? >>

That question doesn't belong in this Star Wars thread. Go start a "Josh Gibson" titled thread or something and you might get some answers
  • Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

I think i found the bowl he used for that haircut.

• << <i>image >>

I LOVE THAT PICTURE!!!

which 1 is the shop owner?

<The odds of him ever having sex are slightly higher than the odds of pulling that Josh Gibson card.>

haaaaaaaaaaa-that guy could get a spot on star trek as an alien or something, i see the duke in the background pic on a poster,

both of those are sweet cards,i got a buck o neil letter in my negro league stuff, i think gibson died when he was 30 something,he wasnt very old,they are not even sure how many home runs he actually had because they kept such poor records of the negro leaguersimage
  • JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    Randy he died of the early age of 35. When his career was over some say he hit over 800 homers.
    wish they would have kept better records-id like to see some of of his,ive seen a few diff ones i think but its been a while-dead at 35,that sucks-he was just a kid
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The card shop owner in that story has to be one of the freakiest looking guys I have ever seen. Like something out of Star Wars >>

Freaky? I'll say...

I think it's the tie!

Mike

• woo-hoo..
    mail day...now in hand...

• LOL, you guys are horrible . . .

You have to try to remember , not everyone can be as good looking as I am .

Just kidding . . . That's me on the Left and stop making fun of my haircut , You have to blame that on my mom .

One of these days I'm going to move out on my own , Just as soon as I find a woman .

And if you think that the hair on my head is funny looking , you have to see the hair on my palms image

Congratulations on getting that card Mr.HOF Autos, it's sweet !