Home Sports Talk

Do you guys understand.......

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
That you are witnessing the GREATEST Offensive machine in the history of the NFL?

I know that alot of our opponents are a complete joke but New England is scoring TD's like a pinball machine!

Comments

• EstilEstil Posts: 6,863 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure glad my wife's football team (and baseball!!) is doing better than my football team. image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P+S, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 61D, 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars

• << <i>That you are witnessing the GREATEST Offensive machine in the history of the NFL?

I know that alot of our opponents are a complete joke but New England is scoring TD's like a pinball machine! >>

I was just thinking about what the atmosphere must be like in New England today. Fans can watch a great victory by the Patriots and then head to a bar afterwards to potentially witness another Red Sox title.

Must be nice........but I would not know......being a Cubs fan.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • It is pretty amazing but what is Brady doing in there in the 4th quarter when the Pats are ahead 38-0?

Is his backup just no good at all?
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>That you are witnessing the GREATEST Offensive machine in the history of the NFL?

I know that alot of our opponents are a complete joke but New England is scoring TD's like a pinball machine! >>

I was just thinking about what the atmosphere must be like in New England today. Fans can watch a great victory by the Patriots and then head to a bar afterwards to potentially witness another Red Sox title.

Must be nice........but I would not know......being a Cubs fan. >>

Lets not forgety about the BC Eagles! image

Listen if the Red Sox can win a world series then so can the Cubs! I do have a hard time feeling bad for you guys though because the Bears beat our A$$es back in '86!
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It is pretty amazing but what is Brady doing in there in the 4th quarter when the Pats are ahead 38-0?

Is his backup just no good at all? >>

The same reason why Tomlinson was scoring TD's late in the 4th quarter last year when San Diego was pummeling opponents, I been saying it all along... NFL Coaches are complete idiots at times!
  • ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It is pretty amazing but what is Brady doing in there in the 4th quarter when the Pats are ahead 38-0? >>

I don't wish anyone injury, but it would serve Belichick right if Brady were lost for the season to injury because of leaving him in to run up the score and pad the stats. It's just silly to take this chance with the game this well in hand, even to say FU to everyone.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Pats are the best team I can recall since the '85 Bears.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is ridiculous. I mean the Redskins aren't great but they're not that bad of a football team.

• << <i>It is pretty amazing but what is Brady doing in there in the 4th quarter when the Pats are ahead 38-0?

Is his backup just no good at all? >>

Called classless football by his head coach...running up the score, cheating, you know, all things the coach does so well.
  • gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    For those that think the Pats won't go undefeated because they may rest guys in the last few games, look at today's game. They're up 38-0 and still throwing on the Redskins. If they get by the Colts, I definitely see it happening. They won't sit guys at the end. They just want to stick it to everyone this year.
  • ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>For those that think the Pats won't go undefeated because they may rest guys in the last few games, look at today's game. They're up 38-0 and still throwing on the Redskins. If they get by the Colts, I definitely see it happening. They won't sit guys at the end. They just want to stick it to everyone this year. >>

Which is really stupid coaching. It's fine to coach to win every game, including playing your starters after you clinch home field throughout the playoffs. But it's just stupid coaching to leave in your starting studs after the game is way beyond the point of a possible comeback.

If Hoodie insists on "sticking it to everyone," I hope he's prepared to face the press when Brady or Moss goes down in the fourth quarter of a Week 16 game while his team is up by 35.
  • Pro players are paid to win. If they are on the field they bust their butt. Some national media types
    intimated the possibility the Pats couldve cheated in the 3 super bowls wins. I think that pissed the players off.
    This is the pros, not high school or college. If you are on the field, you score or prevent
    the other team from scoring.
    give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage

• << <i> Which is really stupid coaching. It's fine to coach to win every game, including playing your starters after you clinch home field throughout the playoffs. But it's just stupid coaching to leave in your starting studs after the game is way beyond the point of a possible comeback.

If Hoodie insists on "sticking it to everyone," I hope he's prepared to face the press when Brady or Moss goes down in the fourth quarter of a Week 16 game while his team is up by 35. >>

You nailed it...why was Brady in the game at 38-0? Why, last week, when Cassel came in, and the lead went to 21 points (omg!), did Brady come back in?

It's classless football, and the karma police must be looking in their direction.

What good will an undefeated record be if they lose in the playoffs because of a key injury?
    I might have missed it, but did Gibbs run off the field without shaking Belichick's hand? I just watched it on TV but it appeared that way. I could be wrong and perhaps the camera just missed it or I took my eye off the TV set for a second.

If it happened I'm surprised Joe Gibbs would do that despite what happened. Reminded me a bit of the Buddy Ryan days with the Eagles when Buddy often wouldn't shake hands with the other head coach after the game. Certainly with gibbs losing like he did, it is plausible that he would do that though. I'll have to see if it's in any news reports, not that it's that big a deal, but interesting considering it's Joe Gibbs.
    If it happened I'm surprised Joe Gibbs would do that despite what happened. Reminded me a bit of the Buddy Ryan days with the Eagles when Buddy often wouldn't shake hands with the other head coach after the game. Certainly with gibbs losing like he did, it is plausible that he would do that though. I'll have to see if it's in any news reports, not that it's that big a deal, but interesting considering it's Joe Gibbs.

I noticed that, too. It looked like Gibbs was looking for Bill, though, but couldn't seem to find him, or maybe Bill didn't make an effort to meet Joe? Hard to tell, but Joe was definitely looking around as he came off the sidelines.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I might have missed it, but did Gibbs run off the field without shaking Belichick's hand? I just watched it on TV but it appeared that way. I could be wrong and perhaps the camera just missed it or I took my eye off the TV set for a second.

If it happened I'm surprised Joe Gibbs would do that despite what happened. Reminded me a bit of the Buddy Ryan days with the Eagles when Buddy often wouldn't shake hands with the other head coach after the game. Certainly with gibbs losing like he did, it is plausible that he would do that though. I'll have to see if it's in any news reports, not that it's that big a deal, but interesting considering it's Joe Gibbs. >>

That's what I thought also. They showed Gibbs jogging, apparently off the field, and then Belicheat standing in the middle of the field looking around with a bewildered look on his face image

Steve
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Hooray for cheering your home team!

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts

<< <i>If it happened I'm surprised Joe Gibbs would do that despite what happened. Reminded me a bit of the Buddy Ryan days with the Eagles when Buddy often wouldn't shake hands with the other head coach after the game. Certainly with gibbs losing like he did, it is plausible that he would do that though. I'll have to see if it's in any news reports, not that it's that big a deal, but interesting considering it's Joe Gibbs.

I noticed that, too. It looked like Gibbs was looking for Bill, though, but couldn't seem to find him, or maybe Bill didn't make an effort to meet Joe? Hard to tell, but Joe was definitely looking around as he came off the sidelines. >>

Then I missed that initial camera shot of Gibbs. The shot I noticed was Belichick looking for Gibbs and then the next shot was Gibbs running off the field - running FAST off the field. Oh well, even if Gibbs "intentionally" or with little effort didn't attempt to shake Belichick's hand, in any event it would of course be understandable...just a bit surprising for a Joe Gibbs to do.

-
  • Gibbs is old school, so I have to think he took the running up the score thing as an offense to football and its traditions as much as an insult to himself.

<< <i>

<< <i>I might have missed it, but did Gibbs run off the field without shaking Belichick's hand? I just watched it on TV but it appeared that way. I could be wrong and perhaps the camera just missed it or I took my eye off the TV set for a second.

If it happened I'm surprised Joe Gibbs would do that despite what happened. Reminded me a bit of the Buddy Ryan days with the Eagles when Buddy often wouldn't shake hands with the other head coach after the game. Certainly with gibbs losing like he did, it is plausible that he would do that though. I'll have to see if it's in any news reports, not that it's that big a deal, but interesting considering it's Joe Gibbs. >>

That's what I thought also. They showed Gibbs jogging, apparently off the field, and then Belicheat standing in the middle of the field looking around with a bewildered look on his face image

Steve >>

Yep - that's the exact shot I saw. I'll have to read Gibb's press interviews and see if he says anything about it. I gotta think that it's a bad idea to p*ss off Joe Gibbs.

-

<< <i>Gibbs is old school, so I have to think he took the running up the score thing as an offense to football and its traditions as much as an insult to himself. >>

I think you're right. I think that may be exactly how Gibbs saw it and frankly I think that Gibbs is correct in that regard. At this point in the season considering the Patriot's record, there was no need to run up the score for any playoff advantages to be gained.
    If nothing else, this goes to show that unlike Dungy of two years ago who said the perfect season wasn't his goal or motivation, Bill may very well play his starters even after clinching home field if he has a chance at 16-0.

• BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Belichick has 500,000 reasons why he is running up the score.