Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Buy/Sell/Trade thread starting 10/28

ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
Canadian/Newfoundland silver at below spot. (12) 25c, (1) 5c, and (1) 5c Nfld. All coins are .925 silver and have a total of 2.1508 oz ASW. All have dates but they are very worn or may have problems. Silver is currently at $14.17/oz. Will sell these 14 coins for $25. + shipping.

(4) Bermuda 1964 Crowns EF or better. Each has .3638 oz ASW for a total of 1.4544 oz ASW. Will sell for $15. + shipping.

DPOTD-3
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Comments

• Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    Mixed Lot $40

1976 Turks & Caicos 100 Crowns Gold $250
    imageimage

1975 Barbados proof set. PS3 The coins are in perfect condition. $45

1983 Barbados 100 Dollar GOLD km#38 Neptune, God of the Sea Mintage 484 $225

imageimage

• Options
    I have a very rare Kaalpond for sale !!

As well as various ZAR and an Irish 10 Shilling 'Easter Rising' coin.

Please see my Ebay link.
    The meaning of life ? I don't know but I am sure that coins have something to do with it.

Zar's Ebay
  • Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭✭
    73 Canadian tokens on the Bay ending tonight (Oct 28) and 71 World mostly modern crowns ending next Saturday (Nov 3) evening.

Thanks for looking!
    Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options
    PreussenPreussen Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭
    Prices include USA shipping and insurance. PayPal accepted. 3-day return if not satisfied. Reasonable offers considered image.

1816 Shilling NGC MS64, lustrous with nice toning $150.

1901 Half Penny, NGC MS64 RB, nice color & luster $40.

1887 Proof Jubilee Medal (white metal?) (approx 38 mm, 22.1 g) in (original?) box (the inside of the box has been repaired with white glue). Obverse has some hairlines ( is more attractive than my pic), and there is a rim/edge bump @ 6:00 on the reverse $35.

1887 Jubilee Medal (approx 39 mm, 17.5 g) unknown metal (aluminum?). High, protective rim with some roughness around the thick (nearly 4 mm) edge. More luster remains than my pics indicate $25.

1898 Hong Kong 5 Cents in NGC MS64, light toning & lustrous (Sold)

Thanks for looking image –Preussen.
    "Illegitimis non carborundum" -General Joseph Stilwell. See my auctions
  • Options
    pendragon1998pendragon1998 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭
    Numismatic Books For Trade:

I won three books (descriptions following) on Canadian coins and currency in a giveaway. I've enjoyed them, but my interest has been moving more toward British coins of the 19th and 20th century. I'd like to work out a trade for a book on British coins if someone out there has got one. I don't know what the standard work is on British coins. I'm not as interested in the most modern stuff (post-2000), so I could be interested in an older edition. Whatever you've got must be from a non-smoking home, as I'm not interested in stinking up my bookshelf (sorry).

Books I've got / value I place on them:

All books are practically new; they've been well-kept in a non-smoking home and only have minor shelf wear if any wear at all.

Charlton Standard Catalogue: Canadian Coins: 60th Anniversary Ed.
    W. K. Cross, 2006. GONE

Charlton Standard Catalogue: Canadian Government Paper Money: 18th Ed.
    R. J. Graham, 2006. $15.00

Charlton Standard Catalogue: Canadian Colonial Tokens: 5th Ed.
    W. K. Cross, 2003. GONE

I'd prefer a trade since these are from a giveaway, but I'd be willing to sell these if nobody's got the book(s) I want, I suppose. If you want to buy one of these, add $3.00 for shipping via media mail. I'll take paypal.

I'm also still looking for the britannias listed in my sig line
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Coins this week from Canada, Egypt, Sudan, France, Great Britain, Japan, Vietnam and more. my eBay

Egypt 1917 (7) Coin type set, piastres are a pretty close match in color and grade- ed to add: I've been asked to add a couple of images.

I love the reverse on this double florin, but...goodby.

Quebec bank token

Japan 100 mon 1835-70
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    32 lots on eBay this week, including:

-A large group of Portugal Patacos
    -Latin American silver
    -Japanese gold

My auctions

Look for some major foreign errors to be listed in the next few weeks.
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    I currently have some coins listed on eBay and plan to add more this week.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    I've got a nice set of toned Tunisian 1 Dinars and Haitian Indian Chiefs (heavy silver content) on E-Bay if anyone's interested. Also Albanian and Haitian Giant Proofs.

E-Bay Listings

• Options
    Here's a neat little piece with a bit of history...image

Price includes shipping, unless you want insurance, which is extra.

PM if interested...

1814-R France-Antwerp 10 Centimes (Siège d'Anvers, Napoléon)[KM-5.3] – PCGS VF35 $125

A little history on this particular siege (courtesy Goldberg's, but not where this coin came from):
    In early 1814, the War of the Sixth Coalition against Napoleon was coming to an end. The coalition, composed of Austria, Russia, Prussia, the United Kingdom, Sweden, and several German states, had pushed Napoleon from their territories. Afterward, they entered France, eventually taking Paris and forcing Napoleon to surrender. This coin was struck by General Lazare Carnot, who was responsible for the city of Antwerp, an important naval base for Napoleon in the Low Countries. As the coalition entered Belgium in an attempt to liberate it from French rule, they besieged Antwerp. General Carnot, who produced this siege coinage from the cannon of Antwerp’s fortress, tenaciously held on, refusing to surrender despite French losses elsewhere. Only after Napoleon capitulated -- and at the urging of the Count of Artois, later King Charles X -- did Carnot surrender the city
    Rufus T. Firefly: How would you like a job in the mint?

Chicolini: Mint? No, no, I no like a mint. Uh - what other flavor you got?

• Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    I've added some farthings including this 1825 example:
    my eBay

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    coinnerdcoinnerd Posts: 491 ✭✭✭
    Seven Florins

$42.00 plus actual postage.
  • Options
    DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508
    FS: price includes shipping within the US and paypal preferred.

1887 Crown, nice luster, good strike, looks to be MS63 or so $ 150.00

'Swiss Shooting Talers and Medals' book by Delbert Ray Krause. circa 1965. 40 years old, but full of tons of info regarding this ultra-cool series. $ 12.00

• Options
    English Milled & Hammered and World coins for sale on the website www.OnlineCoins.co.uk

You can either browse all items by category or do an advanced search to find specific items.

Hope you find something of interest and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks

Andy
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At risk of a double post...what I have for sale is listed on ebay by Airplanenut. The first person who figures out my SIX coins that are on his list gets a prize image. I'll figure it out later and it won't be junk ('junque' maybe, but not junk).

Cathy

• Options
    Hi Everyone:

Some lots up on eBay, All $0.99 opening bid with no reserve:

6 Denarii and 1 Silver Antoninianus - Attributed
    12 Constantine The Great Bronzes - Attributed
    Fun Lot of 29 Cleaned/Semi-Cleaned Roman AE3s and AE4s
    Lot of 91 Roman AEs (AE4, AE3), Cleaned/Semi-Cleaned
    Nice Collection Of 17 Roman Bronzes - Attributed

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZjohnsim03

Sorry, only available to USA bidders. Thanks for taking a look!

John
    John C. Knudsen, LM ANA 2342, LM CSNS 337
    SFC, US Army (Ret.) 1974-1994
  • Options

<< <i>At risk of a double post...what I have for sale is listed on ebay by Airplanenut. The first person who figures out my SIX coins that are on his list gets a prize image. I'll figure it out later and it won't be junk ('junque' maybe, but not junk).

Cathy >>

The last 6 on his list - 5 Japan + 1 Italy?
    Gene

Collector of:
    My Ebay
  • Options
    Rickc300Rickc300 Posts: 876 ✭✭

<< <i>At risk of a double post...what I have for sale is listed on ebay by Airplanenut. The first person who figures out my SIX coins that are on his list gets a prize image. I'll figure it out later and it won't be junk ('junque' maybe, but not junk). >>

Looks to me like Gene already has it figured out..... And three of those auctions have the word lovely in the description (not to mention the SIX coins listed with free shipping) image
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay Gene wins image I guess it wasn't that hard to figure out. I don't know whats going on with the shipping, sometimes I look at it and it says free and sometimes it's $5. Ebay must be glitching. PM your address and I'll send you a coin image.

Cathy

• Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Okay Gene wins image I guess it wasn't that hard to figure out. I don't know whats going on with the shipping, sometimes I look at it and it says free and sometimes it's $5. Ebay must be glitching. PM your address and I'll send you a coin image.

Cathy >>

doh! that was easy.... I was looking for the babies and mommies, but once I ran into the japanese stuff it became apparent image
  • Options

I am and will be listing on e-bay, link is below, I have also added coins for sale at my Web Site offers are welcome......

British Coins For Sale

World Coins For Sale
  • Options
    Cathy - that was too easy. Please give the coin to a YN.

BTW - one of my eBay items is a 1998 Zambia 100 Kwacha "Stork".
    Gene

Collector of:
    My Ebay
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭
    I'm going to be selling the bulk of my darkside collection here and on eBay, so if anyone has any particular want list while I'm sorting and imaging the items, shoot me a PM.