Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Wcsports1 on ebay

Anyone ever bought cards from them? Anyone know who they are? They have some high $$$ cards up for auction.

Comments

• Options
    West Coast Sports Cards. You will not have a problem buying from them. Think they have been around for about 15-20 + years.
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    I've bought a few cards from them over the years. Never any problems.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    thanks
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    A while back, folks on the forum were watching this guy like a hawk. He tended to buy nice looking graded cards, then have identical looking cards for sale with higher grades a few weeks later.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A while back, folks on the forum were watching this guy like a hawk. He tended to buy nice looking graded cards, then have identical looking cards for sale with higher grades a few weeks later. >>

Agreed.
  • Options
    So who is the dealer with all the nice cards?? We know 707 is Levi, Mile high is Brian Drent, BBCE is Steve Hart, Jay at qualitycards, Paul Starx at Starx cards...etc you get my point.Who runs Wcsports 1.
    Anyone know who this is with the 1/1 PSA 10 star cards. Im just curious with the grading being a bit tight recently, who has such a incredible eye for these vintage cards.
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    There sure have some 'razor' sharp cards for sale.

They're located in the Napa valley I believe. I don't know
    much about them other than what was mentioned by Digicat. I too saw them buying up high-end looking centered 8's on ebay over the past year. Then two month's later the cards are magically in 9 and 10 holders.

Either this seller has access to some unbelieveable raw stuff or some advanced collection, or they're getting lots of bumps, or the cards may be doctored.

I checked out some cards in their listings on ebay in the past and ran the cert. numbers. There is an occasional 'evidence of trimming' in the mix, but that doesn't mean much these days as PSA sometimes can't tell what's from vending and what's trimmed. So who really knows.

I must say this seller does put up some very nice, clear, large scans. They're not trying to hide anything in their images.

From my own submissions over the past nine months and from what other board members have posted here about PSA grading extra tough during this time period, it seems that they might have a great grading eye to keep coming up with such a large supply of somewhat tough 9's and 10's.

These are not accusations, only my own opinions.
    Maybe this thread will go poof.

It would be great if this seller would come on the boards and tell us all the story behind these fantastic cards. Maybe clear the air or put an end to the rumors.
  • Options
    trying to remember why this ebay name rings a bell...a warning bell

they make my spidey sense sparkle...
  • Options
    lommerlommer Posts: 160 ✭✭
    wcsports1 was indeed the subject of was a discussion a while back about his exceptional ability to get bumps on grades of high $ cards (The thread was deleted by PSA). A couple examples discussed were bumping 1968 Yaz and 1984 Elway PSA 9s to PSA 10s.
  • Options

<< <i>wcsports1 was indeed the subject of was a discussion a while back about his exceptional ability to get bumps on grades of high $ cards (The thread was deleted by PSA). A couple examples discussed were bumping 1968 Yaz and 1984 Elway PSA 9s to PSA 10s. >>

the owner of wcsports1 is David Rayter. I believe he is also in cahoots with bbcardco on eBay. wcsports1 sold a trmendously large lot of 1993 Refractors separately about 18 months ago, at which time he had about 170-180 PSA 10 1993 Refractors in a row; if you don't know these cards, that is absurd. When he sold them on eBay, he had an obvious shill of friend (JTcards if I recall) making sure he got at least $175 for the commons. Of course, it can't be proven, but his business practice is shady, in my opinion.

I don't like David Rayter.
  • Options
    jmb thanks for the update....

my spidey sence was right on again!
  • Options
    Know your seller
  • Options
    y was this dragged back out??????????????????
    The Sky Pilot

• Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>y was this dragged back out?????????????????? >>

because they are the seller on the 1968 PSA 10 mentioned in the SC&M forum. Beats waking up a thread just to say "happy birthday" image
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice Ruth Sky Pilot
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards