Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

How does a PSA/DNA Gem Mint 10 Auto and no card grade make a 10 for the set registry?

Hi, I was looking at and PSA Set Registry on the same set I am trying to collect of a fellow member and noticed something. I was looking at this set HOF Autographs Set and I noticed for the player THOMAS J. GOLA aka Tom Gola, it shows that its graded a Gem Mint 10 but not for the card, the Gem Mint 10 grade is for the auto only so they still give the set a 10 grade as if it was a PSA 10 card? I don't have anything against this, actualy I am very exited about this because I have a few cards that I would like to get PSADNA for my set registry and I also would like to get the auto grade only and not the card. If my auto comes back and Gem Mint 10 then my overall grade score for my set would be high because of the 10 auto grade? Any help is greatly appreciatedimage

Comments

• Options
    I don't know the answer to your question but I would hope that this is not the case. If there is any writing on a card, the card's grade should be impacted severely even if it's an autograph of the player. I would hope this card could only be registered in the auto set if the card is not graded. That's a cool set, btw. There are more than a few players I have never heard of.
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • Options
    You need to send it to PSA/DNA and request "AUTO GRADE ONLY" and slabbed!, if you Just send it to PSA/DNA and don't reguest Auto grade only, then you'll have it holdered as Authentic, which in some case will not register to your set.

Jery
    Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!
  • Options
    First of all, there are not a set of rules etched in concrete as far as the registry is concerned. (well, their are just a few)

PSA will let the registrants (of a paticular set registry) to set their own rules on how "they" want to run their registry.

If one of the set registrants wants to add something or change some grade weights etc... then PSA will poll all the set registrants to see what they want to do,and the majority vote rules.

So it may be that this paticular registry did not mind having it done that way.

Lee

• Options
    Great info, thank you so much guys. Does anybody else have any thoughts on this? Thanks againimage
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Its an autograph set, why should it matter what the condition is that the autograph is on? Seems to me, it makes more sense doing it with auto grades.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    "Its an autograph set, why should it matter what the condition is that the autograph is on? Seems to me, it makes more sense doing it with auto grades".

EXACTLY
  • Options

<< <i>"Its an autograph set, why should it matter what the condition is that the autograph is on? Seems to me, it makes more sense doing it with auto grades".

EXACTLY >>

Me three lol, I absolutly agree with both you guys. I think its all about the auto, definetly not the card. there are some cards that I wouldn't even care if it were a PSA 1 as long as the auto was a 10 and of course if it were a PSA 1 LOLL, it wouldn't have space for a good auto but you get my pointimage One thing about that PSADNA thing, don't they put some kind of invisable coat on the auto or something to authenticate it? If so, won't it hurt the value of the card seeing that they messed with the auto by adding a coat? But yeah guys, again I definetly agree with yous, its all about the condition of the auto and not the card because sometimes you can have a PSA Gem Mint 10 and then the auto looks like it would grade an 8 or something so yeah definetly, its all about the auto!
  • Options
    Anybody know anythng about that invisable coat they put on the auto when they are authenticating something from PSADNA? And does it hurt the vaule and autograph? I would think so, I would think anything other than the auto would be a no no so what do you guys think?