Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

any word on november grading special?

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the november grading special?? I would assume it would be basketball but thats just a guess....well any thoughts would be appreciated!
thanks,

Greg

Comments

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    wont know until the 31st/1st
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    They are calling it the trick or treat special will your grades be done this year or next

TRICK OR TREAT image
  • Options
    That's an easy one...... Next year!
  • Options
    bifff257bifff257 Posts: 751 ✭✭

<< <i>I would assume it would be basketball but thats just a guess. >>

That works for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    BASEBALL ---------BASEBALL--------------WORKS FOR MEimage
    Rangerman / ARMEDPILOT

B)
  • Options
    $5 per card....any sport.....no minimum

(WISHFUL THINKING!)
  • Options
    I'm for the $5 special for any card any year! I also have some supersized stuff but at $15 a crack that is a little too hefty!! I could see $12 each on those!!
    Paul
  • Options
    Last year in November it was a $5 special. It included modern cards but I don't know how far back it went. I have got my fingers crossed for the same, again.
    #1 2000 Blue Xceptional Set(and #2 and #3, it's a sickness)
    1933 Giants
  • Options
    How about they forgo a Grading Special this time around catch up on whatever specials from as far back as June that are still sitting on their shelves waiting to be graded and come Jan 1 2008 actually implement a system that will properly grade "Specials" in the order in which they are received and return them to us collectors in a reasonable amount of time. Now that would be a "Special" from PSA we all could live with.
  • Options
    I just guessed basketball cuz the NBA is getting ready to start up---the preseason games are on this week so I figured they might have like a "tip off" special or something like they did the kickoff football special. the $5 per card would be nice tho....i have some non sports cards i need to get graded so hopefully those would be included!!
    thanks,

Greg

• Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Sorry--thats 4 months behind as well!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>$5 per card....any sport.....no minimum

(WISHFUL THINKING!) >>

imageimageimage
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    Hey, as long as they grade em correctly and do it cheaply, I would not complain.

$5 per card even as opposed to $6 per card over several hundred cards = several hundred dollars!

Just my Humble opinion!

Tony

• Options
    I bet it will be a Hoops special so they can get caught up! When the $5 specials are taking 3-4 months and the 5 day/$13 specials are taking 10 days its time to slow down the subs by offering something that is not going to bring in a skillion subs!
    Paul
  • Options
    glossycrazy...........

what is your personal address? I was going to send some muscle over
    to your house for that comment! image
  • Options
    Kaline- I guess you are waiting on a sub from long ago or want a better special! I could use a $5 special for some '71 baseball I have but that won't be happening until Spring Training rolls around.. Hope things turn out for you! And last but not least.. if they grade them accurately I don't mind waiting... and that means 3-4 months. Check out this sub: 620325/ Zip: 56537... All of these cards came straight from packs and were the nicest I have sent in... ever.. Only touched a couple of times with sharp corners and no surface problems!! With 4 registry sets of these I know psa 9's and 10's when I see them. There were a few that were definitely 10's!!! Not a single 10 plus a bunch of 4's and 5's. Either they cracked on the way to California or the GRADER OF DEATH got ahold of them!!! Not graded accurately in my book so many will be heading back under a $5 special unless they are cracked... Just my humble rumblings!
    Paul
  • Options
    Not sure those folks still waiting on the June special are looking forward to a new month.
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    The past 2 months have been the same $5 football special. When they continued it into this month with no real change I was dissapointed. I have 100s of Baseball cards waiting to be graded. However I am leary about submitting. Did the consitancy issue ever clear up and resolve? I dont feel like dumping $300-$600 and getting lower grades then I should again...
  • Options

<< <i>Kaline- I guess you are waiting on a sub from long ago or want a better special! I could use a $5 special for some '71 baseball I have but that won't be happening until Spring Training rolls around.. Hope things turn out for you! And last but not least.. if they grade them accurately I don't mind waiting... and that means 3-4 months. Check out this sub: 620325/ Zip: 56537... All of these cards came straight from packs and were the nicest I have sent in... ever.. Only touched a couple of times with sharp corners and no surface problems!! With 4 registry sets of these I know psa 9's and 10's when I see them. There were a few that were definitely 10's!!! Not a single 10 plus a bunch of 4's and 5's. Either they cracked on the way to California or the GRADER OF DEATH got ahold of them!!! Not graded accurately in my book so many will be heading back under a $5 special unless they are cracked... Just my humble rumblings!
    Paul >>

most probably surface wrinkle you missed....PSA does not assign a 5 unless they see something to merit this....

what is worse? being like BGS and giving everything a 9.5, or being very strict and finding that hidden surface wrinkle and giving a card an accurate (yet tuff) 5?

to me the answer is easy....
  • Options

<< <i>Kaline- I guess you are waiting on a sub from long ago or want a better special! I could use a $5 special for some '71 baseball I have but that won't be happening until Spring Training rolls around.. Hope things turn out for you! And last but not least.. if they grade them accurately I don't mind waiting... and that means 3-4 months. Check out this sub: 620325/ Zip: 56537... All of these cards came straight from packs and were the nicest I have sent in... ever.. Only touched a couple of times with sharp corners and no surface problems!! With 4 registry sets of these I know psa 9's and 10's when I see them. There were a few that were definitely 10's!!! Not a single 10 plus a bunch of 4's and 5's. Either they cracked on the way to California or the GRADER OF DEATH got ahold of them!!! Not graded accurately in my book so many will be heading back under a $5 special unless they are cracked... Just my humble rumblings!
    Paul >>

Yeah, similar thing happened to me a few months back. Sent in about 130 cards... expecting 10's on a decent portion of my 80's stuff and only ended up with four 10's. The most obvious under-grading came with my ~20 84 Donruss cards. Only got 2 10's and was expecting at least 10 on the conservative side. Sure, I know you're thinking I'm one of those guys who just doesn't know how to pre-screen cards for grading, but that's not exactly true, especially when it comes to 84 Donruss. My previous subs on 84D netted me between 50-65% 10's, and I used the same criteria (if not tougher) for this particular sub. A prime indication that these were undergraded would be the price that my Keith Hernandez PSA-9 went for on ebay a few weeks ago. It went for over $40 while the last one on ebay went for nearly half that. Apparently, several bidders agreed that this card had a good shot at a 10 and the winner will most likely crack and resub and make a fortune off of it. Sure, I could have tried this myself, but I am quickly losing patience with this PSA consistancy issue. I agree that they should continue to be tough... but also be fair and consistant, and I'm just not seeing that with recent subs.
    Jim G
    All-time favorite athletes:
    Steve Sax, Steve Garvey, Larry Bird, Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Andre Agassi, Karch Kiraly, Wayne Gretzky, Ichiro Suzuki, Andres Galarraga, Greg Maddux.
    "Make the world a better place... punch both A-Rods in the face (Alex Rodriguez and Andy Roddick)!"
  • Options
    I sent in a 20 card modern football sub in late September. Got it back quickly - middle of October. The grades were just about where I expected. I was expecting about or 6 or so PSA 10's, about 12 or PSA 9's and 1-2 PSA 8's.

I got 8 - 10s, 11 - 9's and 1 - 8.

Either I did not get the "grader of death" - which many of us did during the June special - or they have gotten the grading issues somewhat resolved.

Just sent another 20 card sub before the end of the month. Expecting 9's and 10's in this submission. We'll see what happens.
    WANTLIST
    1992 Topps FB Golds (72% complete)
    1997 Topps FB Minted in Canton (10% complete)
    1999 Topps FB Record Numbers Gold (80% complete)
    2001 Topps FB MVP Promotion (35% complete)
  • Options
    I did find out for sure that the Nov/Dec grading special is all Sport and Non-Sport cards dated 1972 and later valued under 100 (dont quote me on the $100). $5 each with a minimum of 10 cards (gold and plat. members only of course!)

Im 100% certain about everything except for the declared value of $100.
    thanks,

Greg

• Options

<< <i>I did find out for sure that the Nov/Dec grading special is all Sport and Non-Sport cards dated 1972 and later valued under 100 (dont quote me on the $100). $5 each with a minimum of 10 cards (gold and plat. members only of course!)

Im 100% certain about everything except for the declared value of $100. >>

So close.....the special is now on the site...

LINK

Carol
  • Options
    metsmets Posts: 243 ✭✭

<< <i>*Autographed cards from the manufacturer from 1998 to present are allowed on this special. >>

Should that be 1998 to 2000? image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>*Autographed cards from the manufacturer from 1998 to present are allowed on this special. >>

Should that be 1998 to 2000? image >>

You're right. It's the standard blurb about autographed cards but someone will say they didn't understand.