Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Help - What would you prefer? PSA 6 or 8 OC (Poll Question)

Hello. I need some help. What would you prefer? A PSA 6 or PSA 8 OC? I can't decide which one to keep. The cards have the same certification number, because I sent the card in for review. I requested a minimum grade of PSA 7, but someone did not pay attention and the card came back a PSA 6. The card seems to look better in the PSA 6 holder, because there is not as much empty space in the holder versus the 8 OC holder. I look forward to hearing from everyone. Thanks!

PSA 8 OC:

PSA 6:

Comments

• Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    I have to go with the 8OC on that one. A straight 6 could lead people to believe that there is structurally something wrong with it. But if a card is nice enough to be an 8 and the only real defect is that it wasn't manufactured properly, then I'd want to have that known.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    I voted for 8OC. Nice looking cards.

1952 Topps Collector.

• Options
    On a vintage card like that I will side with the PSA 8 OC and plus I think it will bring a little more on resale in the 8oc holder.
  • Options
    <<<On a vintage card like that I will side with the PSA 8 OC and plus I think it will bring a little more on resale in the 8oc holder. >>>

I agree. A thought....why not resubmit the 8 (OC) and specify 7NQ as the minimum grade? I am guessing if your poll indicated a straight 7 as an option, your results might be different.
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • Options
    bifff257bifff257 Posts: 751 ✭✭
    grades aside.............

That is one beautiful Bobby Jones card.............imageimage
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    pretty cards either way. I have always wanted the technical grade higher with the oc qualifier vs. a card graded two points lower. The real question is when you have an 8(oc) vs. a straight PSA 7 and the PSA 7 does not present as nicely as the 8. IMO, this is a no brainer on which one you keep.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    bluemarlinbluemarlin Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    I take it you were the one who bought this card off of Ebay (#300126601418) for $3400?
    I think its a beautiful card in either holder.

Jake
  • Options
    Hello. I appreciate everyone's comments. I was leaning toward keeping it in the 8 OC holder before this thread, but I wanted to hear everyone else’s opinions first due to the qualifier. Thanks everyone.