Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

"The Producers" - "Black Holes & Revalations" - Registry Extravaganza!

As my SF coins come back from PCGS, I will offer some here to board members with listed asking prices and I might also have a want list of coins I need to fill orders.

Any "hunters" are also welcome to post their coins for sale here or want lists.

This way, all of my buy, sell trades on 2007 SF coins will be contained to -1- single thread. If others join in to offer coins (or their want lists), that might help keep the 07 SF coin threads to a minimum as well. Just an idea.

I'll continually update this thread with coins as they come in.

For now, here are a couple top pop business Strike Sacagawea Dollars for sale:

A. 2007-D Sacagawea Dollar Business Strike (PCGS-MS67) @ $299
B. 2007-P Sacagawea Dollar Business Strike (PCGS-MS68) @ $375

*** I also have 10 pc sets of State quarters (PCGS-MS68 SF) @ $145 ***

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Comments

• mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    Do I need to match your price? or can I sell lower?

BTW we also have the 2007 D Sacagawea Dollar Business Strike available in MS67 image
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mas - Matching the price would be nice! LOL

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

<< <i>Mas - Matching the price would be nice! LOL >>

Good pricing on the 07 D Biz Sac, They have been selling @ $375 + level so all in all a great Board Member friendly price
    The 07-D Sac is a tough coin. The coin is riddled with planchet problems as a general rule. I hear the 09 Sac Dollar will be struck with 4 different reverses? Anyone else hear that?

Wondercoin
  • SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭
    Mitch,

Here is some info on the 2009 SAC Dollar

Sacagawea Dollar Gets New Reverse Types
    The Sacagawea Dollar will be getting some new reverse types starting in 2009, thanks to a bill which has just passed both houses of Congress. H.R. 2358, known as the "Native American $1 Coin Act," requires the Secretary of the Treasury (and by extension, the U.S. Mint) to "mint and issue coins in commemoration of Native Americans." These new Sacagawea Dollars are required to comprise no less than 20% of the Dollar coins issued in a given year.

The bill doesn't require that any particular reverse types be used, leaving those decisions to several committees it names, but it does offer a few suggestions for people and events that should be commemorated, including:
    Creation of the Cherokee written language
    Existence of the Iroquois Confederacy
    Chief Massasoit of the Wampanoag
    The Pueblo Revolt
    Olympic Champion Jim Thorpe
    General Ely S. Parker, who headed the Bureau of Indian Affairs
    Navajo "code talkers"
    The bill states that other topics and persons besides these may be honored, but if a person is to appear on the reverse, the design must be executed in such a manner as to prevent the appearance of a two-headed coin.

Sacagawea Dollar Gets Edge Lettering
    The Native American $1 Coin Act also stipulates that the Sacagawea Dollar will get edge incused lettering, to include the following inscriptions: date of issuance, E Pluribus Unum, and In God We Trust. Although the bill doesn't specifically call for the mint mark to be on the edge (or anywhere else,) I think it is safe to assume that it will appear on the edge following the date, as it does now on the Presidential Dollars. What is interesting is the requirement that In God We Trust be on the edge, which is contrary to other legislation that has passed the House (but is still pending in the Senate.) The bill that passed in the House is unenforceable as written, so it will probably die, but the issue of In God We Trust being moved to the edge of the coins isn't going to go away. Many Americans don't like this motto being on the edge of the coins, because they think it "demotes" God's place on our coinage.

Section 4 of the bill reads as follows:

"In order to remove barriers to circulation, the Secretary of the Treasury shall carry out an aggressive, cost-effective, continuing campaign to encourage commercial enterprises to accept and dispense $1 coins that have as designs on the obverse the so-called 'Sacagawea design'."

======================

Notice the Edge Lettering is coming to the SAC Dollar !!
    Fun!!

So there may be such a thing as a SAC MEL !!
  • XXXXXX Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭
    Great.................24 dollars with P/D A/B Pres & Sacs for 2009 and 8 new pennys............CAN'T WAIT TO BUILD THAT SET.

NOT...............................

<< <i>Mas - Matching the price would be nice! LOL

Wondercoin >>

MITCH,

I wuld like a complete set of all 2007 mint set coins (including a/b pres's) In "TOP POP", could you give me a quote on the set?

Thanks, XXX

Just kidding of course.
  • WTB - top pop 2007 Jefferson satin nickels - PM me with details
    (The Corso Collection) Always looking for high quality proof and full step Jeffersons - email me with details

My Jefferson Full Step Variety Set (1938 - Current)

My Jefferson Proof Variety Set (1938 - Current)

<< <i>WTB - top pop 2007 Jefferson satin nickels - PM me with details >>

ME TOO.........................
  • A few nickels in SF 69 (P&D) will be made but very doubtful of the elusive 70 grade. Looks like we are all waiting for grades!
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My eBay search is as follows.

Coins US 2007 PCGS Satin Finish

Waiting for the No Reserve auctions.

• Coming soon to an eBay search near you. image
    Seth
    Seth - % of 69's? Give us details.

Wondercoinimage

<< <i>My eBay search is as follows.

Coins US 2007 PCGS Satin Finish

Waiting for the No Reserve auctions. >>

Maybe tomorrow image

<< <i>A. 2007-D Sacagawea Dollar Business Strike (PCGS-MS67) @ $299 >>

Declining prices already? Wasn't this coin $325 yesterday? Good thing I sold a few before the price drop!!!!

<< <i>Mas - Matching the price would be nice! LOL >>

I didn't even have a chance too match pricing and you have this coin on a downward spiral

Maybe I should put a little effort into it and make 40 or 50 more MS67's and we can sell them @ $24.95?

<< <i>B. 2007-P Sacagawea Dollar Business Strike (PCGS-MS68) @ $399 >>

Let's see where this one goes in the next day or two

Mark sell away!!!!! I can see it now who's going to cut who's price

• << <i>Seth - % of 69's? Give us details. Wondercoinimage >>

No news yet, but coming very soon.
    Seth
    Mas - I decided I was fine with posting $299 (and you were suggesting a possible lower price, or at least that is how I read it anyway with the comment about beating the price) on the 07-D Sac in MS67. But, in any event, that seems like a fair price today on the coin. Tomorrow is another day - prices can go higher or lower on these coins. This coin could go down to $249 or up to $325 next week depending upon all sorts of factors. Supply and demand and the free market and all that good stuff.

Wondercoin

P.S. - As far as the 2007-P Sac goes at $399 - that coin confuses me a bit - I thought the coin should arguably be a solid $400-$500 coin, but last open bid coin on ebay barely broke over $300 (see - ebay # 270173604143)?? So, if it turns out my price is too high (or low), I will adjust. Perhaps I listed this one a bit too high at $1 under current price guide and about $93 higher than last ebay sale? Hardly, a market killing price.

P.S..S. If this thread turns into a (friendly) debate thread over offerings, I will simply offer the coins over on the BST as that was not my intention here.

<< <i>P.S..S. If this thread turns into a (friendly) debate thread over offerings, I will simply offer the coins over on the BST as that was not my intention here. >>

Since you are the guy to set pricing on this friendly, "Buy, Sell, Trade Thread For 2007 Satin Finish Coins (And Business Strikes Too)," thread than the safest way for anyone else to join in with selling would be:

Feel free to PM or E-mail for competitive pricing as we have all the same coins available? While supplies last of course image

It's good for buyers to know there are other sources too choose from?
  • My compliments to the first guy out of the gate: datentype Sometimes picking prices is tough and you have the brass to stick them out there. You have the whole weekend to yourself, so enjoy! I'll have some competitive pricing for you when mine come in this week. We won't have the "tough" coins for everyone on day 1, but we'll go find them as we continue our search over the next year when everyone else has moved on to other projects. Naturally, we'll be placing the tough coins with buyers of a complete set first. (competitively priced image )

This is exciting!

Seth
    New subject - did you guys see what PCGS did with the Presidential Dollars in SF? They have been placed in the Presidential Dollars Major Variety set - a set that has over 40 coins in it for year 1!! Then, based upon a poll to collectors a second variety set was established for the "complete" varieties. 40+ coins already for a 4 year Presidential set!

BJ did a bang up job getting those SF coins slots in the registry so fast. I know there is also some discusssion concerning whether the SF coins should have their own registry set - there are 16 of them this first year since they come in positions A and B.

Wondercoin
  • Satin Finish & Business Strikes are two different varieties and should be recognized that way. A separate SF set would be a good move on their part. The only thing that's not good is how many sets are being created. It's possible they could do it with less sets and still appeal to all collectors.
    Seth
  • someone should start a thread on the bs and sf coins' inclusion in registry sets.
  • DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Seth, thanks! I have no idea what I'm doing with prices and neither do the buyers. This might be the first year it pays to be last.
  • I have a few pricing ideas myself, but no news yet. So it's all speculation at this point without multiple submitters' results on the pop report. I should have some results Mon/Tues, so that'll help qualify the pop report for difficulty although, I don't expect to make anything that you didn't on the first submission. Sometimes you make 3 of one and 3 of another thinking to price them the same, however nobody makes on of the coins and it's the only 3 for a while. That's where it pays to be last as you say.
    Seth
    I have nothing back either yet. A good hunter I know just finished looking through 180+ sets (over 5,000 total coins) and told me about 36 coins are worthy of submission for shot MS69 or better. Assuming 20 of those work - what is that about 4/10 of 1%? geez.

I thought my sets were better than that - can't wait to see some grades!

Wondercoin
  • You guys must be doing great..

The sets I recieved are just GARBAGE........ I would feel bad about selling them on the bay.
    The dollars have more marks on them as if I where getting them from rolls.

SADimage

I hope you guys come through for us little peolpe...

BILL

• << <i>You guys must be doing great..

The sets I recieved are just GARBAGE........ I would feel bad about selling them on the bay.

SADimage

BILL >>

Send em back lol...ship the mint its garbage back and let them collect it!
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>You guys must be doing great..

SADimage

BILL >>

Send em back lol...ship the mint its garbage back and let them collect it! >>

I wonder how many sets they have coming back? I'd have shipped 100+ sets back if I didn't have a buyer for them second hand due to shipping delays at the mint. They do suck mostly........that is if you are expecting 68+ coins. To the average collector these sets may look good. One mans garbage is another mans treasure, or so the saying goes.
  • We have one order back and only a couple 69s with few 68s for the whole batch. Instead of listing them here, you can see them on eBay within a couple hours. Tougher this year!
    Seth
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PayPal on the way.
  • SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭
    The Satin sets that I recieved from the mint are really bad...
    Welcome to the CIRCUS (as an esteemed hunter just described it). We have seen one hunter sell out his current position of Sac $1's in MS69 "on the cheap" (and I do not fault him - more on this later) only to have (so I hear) one of his buyer's (another forum member) now try to sell them for 2x or 3x that amount the next day? All signals now point to collapsing prices early on everything but the handful of coins that turn out to be difficult in MS69 IMHO. And, the horse is out of the barn on 70's as well - IMHO expect many more 70's than the -1- just mentioned on the forum. A dealer who has never even played in the Mint set area just told me yesterday he submitted 250 sets to PCGS! Great news for buyers - MS68 coins will be given away at a "song" within 30 days IMHO. And, buyers - enjoy watching each submittor cut the next guy's throat on MS69 coins galore. This is Darwinism at it finest - you will see who is "fit" next year. Wondercoin

• << <i>only to have (so I hear) one of his buyer's (another forum member) now try to sell them for 2x or 3x that amount the next day? >>

The person selling for 2-3x will look like a fool if they keep it up.
    Seth
    Update - the first hunter who, at first blush, appeared to be pricing his coins way too cheap (but, again, more on this later) has now been undercut by hunter #2 by $10/pair (Darwinism at its finest once again). Proving hunter #1 was actually very smart? So, now either hunter #3 will undercut #2 by $10/pair or even hunter #1 will undercut #2 by an additional $10 on his next lot of coins. Should hunter #1 simply chose to match hunter #2 next week, then hunter #3 may actually be able to undercut (2) hunters with a single offering! Stay tuned - this is getting interesting. Wondercoin
    So much fun

• I agree with your assessment Mitch. I am watching it all with keen interest myself. Shocking to see so many people get grades so fast (I submitted mine in the cheap bulk program and may be a few more weeks before I get any results) and it is clear to me already that unless I get something very special it will be a loser to invest in 2007 mint sets. The SF70 getting made so far will throw feul into the fire as more mint set churning will now occur. I see Seth and a few others have attempted market pricing and my hat off to them but there are too many cheap openers and under-cutting buy it nows and "Darwin" has taken over. I hope those submitting unscreened coins get hosed the worst with all their SF68 but unfortunately it will drag the rest of us down as well with the few accidental SF68 we get. dr

Edited... at least Seth is still attempting to establish market pricing (good job) and hopefuly your $275 - $249 will not be undercut again!
    What we witness here DOES NOT get learned in text books. But, some of the most important business lessons in life can be learned through analysis of these true life scenarios. Can't wait till the guys who min graded there sets MS67 (heaven help them) come to the party with their mountains of coins!! And, how smart was it for PCGS to release those MS70 coins early in the game? How many thousands more submissions will be coming now? Wondercoin
  • eCoinquesteCoinquest Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭
    Hunters #1, #2, #3 and everyone else.image
    I am the person selling (or was selling) the 2007 D Sac for $650.00. As you may now see I have lowered my "Buy It Now" to $230. Which I believe is a reasonable price. It seems IMHO that the top players in the "Circus" are letting the MS69SF Sacs go for very little. I don't think this is a bad thing for buyers but I do not like the fact that if someone is "testing the waters" they will be ridiculed for it.
    Just my opinion.image

Edited to add: The coin has been sold for $230.00.

• << <i>Hunters #1, #2, #3 and everyone else.image I am the person selling (or was selling) the 2007 D Sac for $650.00. As you may now see I have lowered my "Buy It Now" to $230. Which I believe is a reasonable price. It seems IMHO that the top players in the "Circus" are letting the MS69SF Sacs go for very little. I don't think this is a bad thing for buyers but I do not like the fact that if someone is "testing the waters" they will be ridiculed for it. Just my opinion.image Edited to add: The coin has been sold for $230.00. >>

It's good of you to change your price. image
    Seth
  • Got business strike results from early October batch. Got CT-D, KS-D, ID-D, WY-P and WY-D in MS68 (18 of 18 Idaho P in 67 but no 68!) (7 of 11 Ks-P in 67 but no 68!) Only made a few WY-P in MS68 so keeping them for trade for other MS68 business strikes I need including KS-P, ND-P&D, MT-P and ID-P. I only need these five out of the 28 business strikes from 2005 forward in MS68 and I will keep searching until I find them or someone sells or trades them to me. I am hoping to quit searching after the state quarters run out in 2008 but this back-log of 5 coins may keep me busy!

Looking at the 2007 SF grades so far it appears a few P mint state quarters will be very tough. I think Mitch is still a pop 1 with the MT-P in SF69.

Interesting how quiet this thread gets when people get grades they are too busy packing and shipping to talk! dr

• << <i>I think Mitch is still a pop 1 with the MT-P in SF69. Interesting how quiet this thread gets when people get grades they are too busy packing and shipping to talk! dr >>

Congratulations on your 68s Doug!

The P's are tough, but pop 1 won't stay that way for very long. We'll make more than one of each in the next month or two. Some may stay single digit pops though, so they're very rare in the grade for sure.

Seth
    Good job Doug

We also received results for some business strike State Quarters and got another KS D and PA P in 68

The search continues
  • Good job on those tough dates Mike. Never found a PA-P in 68 myself, a rarity in the series. I think Mike has found more 1999 SHQ rarities than anyone else like the PA-D MS68 and the DE-P MS69 both pop one coins! I am probably not going to order more mint sets this year. If I do not flop a set of 69 from my outstanding orders I am confident one of you hunter dealers will eventually get enough for the top ten SHQ collectors like myself. Looking at Mark and Seth's 2007 SF offerings on e-bay it is clear to me that the capability is there to find them all. Must be an over the counter thing in California to get grades so fast! dr

<< <i>Must be an over the counter thing in California to get grades so fast! >>

Pay's to be a Local

I'm going to California!!!

• << <i>

Pay's to be a Local I'm going to California!!! >>

I'll buy lunch. image
    Seth

<< <i>

Pay's to be a Local

I'm going to California!!! >>

Micheal, I have a spare room at my house and you know your welcome here.
    Pack your loupe and come on down buddy.
    I made a DEL(p), PA(p) and NJ(p) in MS68 last week as well (and a couple 1999-P MS68 Kennedy half dollars). It was fun to "hunt" again for the 1999 coins!

Wondercoin

P.S. Came "this close" to slabbing a NJ(d) MS68 as well - lost the coin in the verification stage. That one would have made the week!!
  • Wow. Nice scores on those MS68's Mitch! Too bad about the NJ-D a pop 2 1999 coin would have been a major upper to make your month. At least you have the MT-P in sf69 to comfort you! dr