Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Translation help needed

This is on a Cuban 50 peso note I got. I know it's not the most appropriate place to post this but I figured I'd have the best shot of getting a translation with you guys. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    guaranted by gold , foreign exchange ( first line ...the peso was pegged to the us dollar at that time)

convertible to gold and all other orders of the Cuban national bank ( second line.."activos" is a hard word to translate ...)

this bill constitutes a legal obligation of the cuban estate ( third line)

---

this bill is legal tender according to the law for all payments made on national territory

( the last is basically that just much longer and fancier)
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

<< <i>guaranted by gold , foreign exchange ( first line ...the peso was pegged to the us dollar at that time)

convertible to gold and all other orders of the Cuban national bank ( second line.."activos" is a hard word to translate ...)

this bill constitutes a legal obligation of the cuban estate ( third line)

---

this bill is legal tender according to the law for all payments made on national territory

( the last is basically that just much longer and fancier) >>

In that case, I would translate "activos" as "instruments," as in "financial instruments." And I think the third line should read "Cuban state" at the end.
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet, it's a 50 gold certificate image Thank you image
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    instruments!

that was good ..i couldnt get the right word.

i meant state ..ooops.

can we see the whole bill?
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>can we see the whole bill? >>

Absolutely. I didn't want to post it right off the bat cause I wasn't sure how this OT thread was going to be received. But, since you ask image