Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Milestone **NOW WITH SCANS!*

Hey all,

With last night's eBay pick-ups I'm now over 20% done my VERY FIRST set ever, the 1949 Bowman Baseball set. I just started collecting in June and picked this as my first set to complete.

MANY MANY thanks to a lot of board members for their insight, trades, opinions, and knowledge. Without all your help, I wouldnt have reached this milestone. I'm now at 51 of 240 cards with an overall GPA of 4.94. I'm hoping for an overall GPA of 5 when all is said and done.

Again, many thanks to the board members for helping me along in my very first set! This is what collecting is all about!

Comments

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Tekno!!!! I have always liked that set. Good luck on your journey to 100%.
  • Options

<< <i>Congrats Tekno!!!! I have always liked that set. Good luck on your journey to 100%. >>

Thanks Downtown1974!! Yeah, I like this set a lot too! Lot's og HOF'ers and RC's and the cool, color-added printing. It's been a lot of fun!

• Options
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    Thanks jamesgotpoorman! I appreciate it!

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    great job!!!

keep going and good luck
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options

<< <i>great job!!!

keep going and good luck >>

I'll definitely keep going, but just a little slower. 51 cards in four months doesnt make my fiancee very happy with me :-)

I'll wait for some steals around Christmas time!

• Options
    baseballjeffbaseballjeff Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Keep up the hard work!

When I went for a set, 1959 Topps BB, I bought all the HOFers first and slowly picked up the commons. I ended up getting bored of the commons, and had a drastic collecting change. Now I sold my commons and collect PSA graded Rookie HOFers. So if you want to go for a set, don't get all the HOFers at first!

Let's see some scans!

Jeff
  • Options

<< <i>Keep up the hard work!

When I went for a set, 1959 Topps BB, I bought all the HOFers first and slowly picked up the commons. I ended up getting bored of the commons, and had a drastic collecting change. Now I sold my commons and collect PSA graded Rookie HOFers. So if you want to go for a set, don't get all the HOFers at first!

Let's see some scans!

Jeff >>

Hey Jeff, thanks for the tip! I've elected to mix it up a bit. The only HOF RC I have from the set is Early Wynn (Indians). The rest are commons, but I have a lot of high numbers too.

You can see every single scan on the Registry, under 1949 Bowman. My set is labeled "The Power of Positive Thinking"

Thanks for your response!! I appreciate it!

• Options
    tremendous job, Alan. This is an outstanding vintage set. And you call yourself a "beginner collector"?? image
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • Options

<< <i>tremendous job, Alan. This is an outstanding vintage set. And you call yourself a "beginner collector"?? image >>

Thanks Mark.

Well, I am a beginner collector. I never had a card in my life till about four months ago. I just picked this set out of a hat (literally) and went with it. I'm just a regular middle-class guy, so some of the tough cards (Paige, Snider, Robinson, etc) will be tougher for me. That'll require quite a bit of saving.

I'm only looking for a 5GPA though, so it's not like it'll be $5,000 per card or anything...

Thanks for looking man! I appreciate it!
  • Options

<< <i>Keep up the hard work!

Let's see some scans!

Jeff >>

I finally figured out how to do scans! WOO HOO! Here are some of my favorites (not necessarily just high-grade, just favorites). These are taken right off my registry. Thanks again for looking all!

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Not to sound derogatory, but it is funny how those ball players back then look like some good 'ol southern boys!!
  • Options

<< <i>Not to sound derogatory, but it is funny how those ball players back then look like some good 'ol southern boys!! >>

Yeah, they almost all look like that... except for this creppy dude...

• Options

<< <i>Not to sound derogatory, but it is funny how those ball players back then look like some good 'ol southern boys!! >>

This guy looks like he's a little pissed off too..

• Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    Alan,

Congratulations on your milestone. You've got some very nice cards there. Thanks for posting the scans!

Bob
  • Options

<< <i>Alan,

Congratulations on your milestone. You've got some very nice cards there. Thanks for posting the scans!

Bob >>

Thanks a lot Bob! You can see all the scans on the registry under "The Power of Positive Thinking"....

I'm probably going to take a break for a month or two (otherise my fiancee will kill me)....

• Options

<< <i>Hey all,

With last night's eBay pick-ups I'm now over 20% done my VERY FIRST set ever, the 1949 Bowman Baseball set. I just started collecting in June and picked this as my first set to complete.

MANY MANY thanks to a lot of board members for their insight, trades, opinions, and knowledge. Without all your help, I wouldnt have reached this milestone. I'm now at 51 of 240 cards with an overall GPA of 4.94. I'm hoping for an overall GPA of 5 when all is said and done.

Again, many thanks to the board members for helping me along in my very first set! This is what collecting is all about! >>

Here was that night's eBay wins! I just picked them up this morning!

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

• Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Very nice pick-ups, Mr. Bailey. And congrats on the milestone!
  • Options

<< <i>Very nice pick-ups, Mr. Bailey. And congrats on the milestone! >>

Thanks a lot! I have a couple dupes now too... I hope to be part of your 52 Mantle thread.... maybe trading you a dupe or something...

I check that thread daily!

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice cards. Congads on your pick ups and set milestone.
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    excellent set choice and looks like your making quick work of it too
  • Options

<< <i>excellent set choice and looks like your making quick work of it too >>

Thanks a lot drewsef. Yeah, I've been going too quickly I think... need to take a break. 50 cards in four months is a lot :-)

Looking for a Jackie Robinson Rookie for my next one, then I'll take a little break :-)