Home Sports Talk
Options

Curse of Madden?

Is this urban legend? I dunno.......... is Chad this years victim?
USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.

Comments

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    No, it was VY.

He missed last week's game, has 6 picks, 3 TDs, and a passer rating of 68.

You be the judge image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will never see Brady or Manning on a Madden cover.
  • Options
    No such thing as curses. People who believe in curses are weak minded.

<< <i>He missed last week's game, has 6 picks, 3 TDs, and a passer rating of 68. >>

Yet he's completing passes at a higher rate than last year, threw more INTs than TDs last year, and essentially was the reason that team had a winning record. If there was such a thing as a curse, then every player who had been on the cover of madden would have had a significant injury or terrible year and that's not the case.
  • Options
    Cut and pasted from another site------------

Barry Sanders - RB, Detroit Lions

Abruptly retires after only 10 seasons in the NFL. He was arguably still in his prime.

Dorsey Levens - RB, Green Bay Packers

After recording 1,034 rushing yards in 1999, his production dropped severly. He only rushed for 224 yards the year after he appeared on the cover.

Eddie George - RB, Tennessee Titans

Before Cover: 1,375, 3.9 ypc Averages

After Cover: 892, 3.3 ypc Averages

Daunte Culpepper - QB, Minnesota Vikings

After appearing on the cover of the 2002 version, Culpepper struggled to a 4-7 start and eventually fell to a knee injury.

Marshall Faulk - RB, St. Louis Rams

After hitting the 1,000 yard rushing mark in 7 out of 9 seasons, Faulk never hit the mark again.

Michael Vick - QB, Atlanta Falcons

Literally days after Madden 2004 was released, Vick injures his fibula and misses all but 5 games of the Atlanta Falcons season. The Falcons ended up with a 5-11 record.

Ray Lewis - LB, Baltimore Ravens

After earning the honor to appear on the 2005 edition, Lewis looked to be the player to break the curse. But, he broke his wrist in the second last game of the season.

Donovan Mcnabb - QB, Philadelphia Eagles

After making it to the Super Bowl in 04-05, Mcnabb suffered a sports hernia in the first game of the season, feuded all year with Terrell Owens, and then finally decided to have his injury surgically repaired, effectively ending his season after only 10 games.

Shaun Alexander - RB, Seattle Seahawks

Never missing a game in his career before gracing the cover, the Madden Curse proved to be too much for even Shaun Alexander as he cracked a bone in his foot and was injured for several weeks

My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey