Options
new 'crusty critter' Prussian. let's see your crusties!
Doogy
Posts: 4,508 ✭
I've decided to try to start a set of Prussian 5 Marks in the 'crusty critter' look and grade, and ran across this one:


on a lark, I sent it off to be graded and it came back NGC VF25. I didn't buy it to resell, I just thought it would be cool to find crusty uncleaned examples. This has turned out to be a tougher job than i thought, as the crusty ones usually show other problems like old cleaning and nasty rim dings.
Anyone else collecting lower grade crusties of any country/demonination, and care to share?
on a lark, I sent it off to be graded and it came back NGC VF25. I didn't buy it to resell, I just thought it would be cool to find crusty uncleaned examples. This has turned out to be a tougher job than i thought, as the crusty ones usually show other problems like old cleaning and nasty rim dings.
Anyone else collecting lower grade crusties of any country/demonination, and care to share?
0
Comments
<< <i>Anyone else collecting lower grade crusties of any country? >>
That about sums up my entire German collection~
I'll try to post some pics in the next day or two... Are you lookig for low grade or just "crusty"? I have some low grade well toned crusties, but I also have a few nicer grade coins that have a nice shell on them as well. I have a 2 mark (1876 though) that is almost a dead match for your '74 5 mark.
Rick
1836 Capped Liberty
dime. My oldest US
detecting find so far.
I dig almost every
signal I get for the most
part. Go figure...