Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Massive upgrade to my 48 Leaf Football set

I was able to finish this set earlier this year and reach my goal of 6.0 GPA. I recently was able to upgrade about 30 cards and raise my GPA from 6.01 to 6.25. I still want to upgrade my remaining PSA 5's to 6's. I was particularly surprised at the crispness of the PSa 8's that I added. I wish some of my modern 8's looked so good. You can check out the upgrades here Fabfranks 48 Leaf Football set

PLMk if anyone has any upgrades for me. Thanksimage
Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion

Comments

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cool! what grade was the Kavanaugh you upgraded? I may be interested in picking up your old one.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    what grade was the Kavanaugh you upgraded?

From a 6 to a 7
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Frank,

Thats an amazing upgrade!! How did you come across those cards? Whats the story???

Frank
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    Thats an amazing upgrade!! How did you come across those cards? Whats the story???

No big story. A dealer (and fellow board member) came across what seemed to be 1-2 sets of 48 Leaf football. Knowing it's one of the sets I collect and having done other deals with this dealer, he contacted me and we worked out a deal on the cards I needed. If he gives me the okay, I'll mention his name. He's a great guy and I've never had a problem with him (although some might disagreeimage)
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Frank,

That's awesome! Good luck on the remaining upgrades to a great set.

Matthew
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    Thanks matt. I would really encourage anyone who has considered doing a vintage set, to try the 48 leaf set. I believe the lower grade cards, PSA 5-6 are undervalued and you can even find 7's for a good price.
  • Options
    Frank congrats i have maybe 5 cards from that set skins of course and i must say in high grade they are stunning BY HIGH GRADE I MEAN 6/7

Do i win a prize if i guess the dealer image

ps I have never had a bad deal with him either
  • Options
    Do i win a prize if i guess the dealer

Sure, a No-prizeimage

(If you were a comic collector in the 60's and 70's, you'll know what this isimage)

BTW, If I'm correct, you won a few 48's this weekend?
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    If you REALLY want to get us excited about your upgrades and set, Frank, how about adding some scans? It's a lot easier to drool over a picture than a number. image
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    FabFrank,

Congrats on finishing your set and your goal of reaching 6.0 GPA.

I'm working on the 57 Topps FB set and have over 60% completed with a GPA of 7.88

1952 Topps Collector.

• Options
    It's a lot easier to drool over a picture than a number.

I hear you Andy. I only seem to find time to scan my HOF auto cards.

I'm working on the 57 Topps FB set and have over 60% completed with a GPA of 7.88

Ravens, I'm building that set too. I need to uprade 3-4 cards from PSa 7 to PSA 8. I also need the checklist, but doubt I'll find that in an 8image
  • Options
    Fabfrank,

The 57 Topps checklist is indeed the hardest card to find with a good PSA grade.

There's this seller on EBAY (bmw cards) has one graded SGC 92 with a buy it now price
    for $10,000. imageimage

1952 Topps Collector.

• Options
    That's actually not too far fetched a price. I've seen PSa 5's and 6's and MC's go for good money. If that card was in a PSA holder, it might just pull close to that 10 grand.
  • Options
    nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭
    Great set, Frank! I'd like to put that one together someday, too.