Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Talk about dumb mistakes......

Last week I sent in my four free submissions for nearing completion of my Roosevelt registry set.
At least I THOUGHT I sent them in.
I was in my coin room looking at an 2005-D dime I bought off eBay, (I'll come back to this coin later)
About this time I noticed four coins in the PCGS flips sitting on a divider off to the side.
You guessed it, the same four coins I sent (ouch) to PCGS. Now I'm thinking, what did I send in the package I mailed. Best I can figure out, PCGS now has four SILVER dimes that are with my free submission for the clad set.
Yeah, laugh it up guys... image
Dan

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way to cleanse that first page of posts, bsb image

Dan, I'd place a call to PCGS customer service, maybe if you give them the invoice number they can flag it and return it before it gets too far along in their system. Is it possible you sent an empty box? In that case, I'd think they would be calling you. image

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dan60,

Is Dementia settling in!? image

I think back to one time where I had sealed up a package and left out 3-4 coins and had to re-open it.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is Dementia settling in!? >>

Settling in?? It's "rundering" rampant....image

Paul I bought the 2005-D MS68 off eBay. This coin is also FB, don't see how PCGS missed it. So that means the pop on them will soon be 2/0. You can be sure I will send this baby back to be cooorrrrrected. image
    Dan
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Dan, I came so close to bidding on that coin. I had a hunch it might be FB.
  • Options
    Your hunch, and mine, was right on in this case Nick. The pictures were not good enough to confirm it. But with a BIN at $69.99 it seemed like a winning move either way.
    I'll give $69.99 for any coin in MS68 thats from a "non mint set year". Or from the 60's/70's/mid 80's/early to mid 90's. image
    Dan
  • Options
    Crud... I'm losing it... I should have been the first to that ms68 non-fb (and I wouldn't really care if it upgraded to fb). Now that's a dumb mistake by me.
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Beetch & moan that it was PCGS' fault for sending you a submission form.
    Maybe Griv will pay for your submission!

ONLY KIDDING! image
  • Options
    As I said, I could not remember what the silver dimes were that I put in this submission by mistake.
    Well I now know the dates and MM's, and the cert. numbers. Still listed as no grades, guess they didn't get that part into the computer today.
    Dan
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Crud... I'm losing it... I should have been the first to that ms68 non-fb (and I wouldn't really care if it upgraded to fb). Now that's a dumb mistake by me. >>

Meeeee tooooo!

I looked at that coin and almost bought it for $99.99 before he lowered the price.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.