Home Sports Talk
Options

Interested to know your views on RBI's Aaron/Ruth/Bonds Interesting totals~!

Ok, Hank Aaron is the all-time RBI leader (I THINK!) with 2,297 Ribbies

Babe Ruth is second with 2062

Barry Bonds is at 1,996.

First, I was looking at THE BABE's stats from 1914-1919, which I believe the 1914-1918 era he
was mostly a pitcher. But, I just looked and there are NO RBI stats from all those years. The
most interesting thing was is he had 49 HOME RUNS those years! With all things being equal....2 questions:

1) If Babe's years of 1914-1919 would have included RBI totals, would he or HANK be the All-time RBI Leader?
and
2) Will Barry Bonds pass Hank Aaron? He needs 301 RBI's.....To me, that seems to be a tough and daunting task! I say no.

Would be interested to see what everyone else thinks!

Thanks and goodnight!
Tony
KalineFan

Comments

• Options
    I just looked at www.baseball-reference.com and Babe had 2,217 RBIs. He also has RBIs from all the years you say he had none. Also, Cap Anson is third at 2,076 and Bonds is 4th at 1,996. Where did you get your information?

Robert
    Looking for:
    Any high grade OPC Jim Palmer
    High grade Redskins (pre 1980)
  • Options
    Right off the Baseball Hall of Fame !

Went to each individual's stats!

Looks like they better do something about that then!

Tony
  • Options
    Robert, doesn't it just drive you nuts how jumbled their
    stats are ? Nothing is in line! Drives me insane trying
    to read the lines. Would love their site if it wasn't for that!

tony
  • Options
    I'd have to say that the HOF data is wrong being that they have the Babe hitting home runs but no RBIs. Also, the data at baseball-reference.com lines up fine for me.

Robert
    Looking for:
    Any high grade OPC Jim Palmer
    High grade Redskins (pre 1980)
  • Options
    I don't think Barry Bonds will play long enough to reach Aaron's mark. i think next year and 3,000 hits will be his final accomplishment. I do however believe that Alex Rodriguez will make a serious run at it along with the Home Run record. PB
  • Options
    Robert-the Hall of Fame wrong? How dare you! image

Tony
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    fb hall of fame is same way with stats,hopefully not as bad as the baseball one,i hope bonds never plays again just because of his holier that though p r i ck attitude,who would want him,i havent seen too many offer being placed at his feet so far!maybe he go to venezuela and play ,make 200 pesos lol-somebody might pick the big lump up for a dh,but that would be about it,he cant run,so somebody might want him for his homers,they sure didnt help the giants any this year though!
    randy