Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

What once was a great forum...I'm afraid has officially gone down the tubes

I am blown away by the fact that the moderators of this board haven't nuked all 6 of the posts on the Registry forum that are referring to a trivial matter about a damn dime (1/4 of the posts on the front page). Won't be too long before this whole place goes "poof"....

Comments

• Options
    I agree with you, ellewood! I used to click to this forum first for great insight to some great collections and coins of interest. Not only am I disappointed by the recent squabbles and dart-throwing on this forum, but this forum has also become a spammed BST board, which I thought was prohibited. I rarely come here anymore, except to see if it's been cleaned up. Obviously not.
    "Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore"

My Registry Sets
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually - I disagree - as silly as these 4-6 threads are in the "small picture" - they actually teach us a number of lessons here as important as any nearly any lessons I have ever read on these boards in the "big picture". Lessons nearly every collector and dealer should learn from.

On top of that, the coins for sale have been permitted here and the "spamming" has truly been at a minimum. So, there is no problem there either.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Actually - I disagree - as silly as these 4-6 threads are in the "small picture" - they actually teach us a number of lessons here as important as any nearly any lessons I have ever read on these boards in the "big picture". Lessons nearly every collector and dealer should learn from.

I don't know how anyone in their right mind can say that there is anything positive about what has taken place in this series of threads. This will only further encourage people (including YN's) to post crap like this (air their laundry) and it's unhealthy for this hobby.

I have a lot of respect for you Mitch...so I have no problem agreeing to disagree! You are entitled to your opinion and so am I image
  • Options
    GrivGriv Posts: 2,804
    Duh! I guess you just climbed from under some stack of liberty nickels but yeah these threads are disgraceful and I guess you didn't really read them or you would already know what the majority have already expressed.

Is it a lesser site for information on coins? No, but it seems there are a few more "babies" then just dimeman. Oh, I don't like the tone so I'll just turn to the DU for my coin info. I say grow up you fringe posters and get beyond this issue without overloading your Depends.

I guess I never knew so many coin people were wimps, and I certainly have the nads to call a wimp a wimp.

imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like your style griv. At least you say what you mean and mean what you say. Unlike some others that have posted on this.image
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Can I agree to agree with Toby & Mitch?

I think a lesson was to be learned with the original thread by Jon, we should all learn from this.

After the first week it should have died or gone **POOF**!

In fact, either the site went down or I had computer problems logging in & I [really thought the site was shut down! image

Then the following week the thread was resurrected, then a "WTB" thread, then another "I was RIPPED", then a "Did you hear..." & a congrats to GrandAM thread......
    All feel like a slap in the face as none of this had to be made public.
    The sale could have been carried out via PM's.
    Eventually it would have come to light that GrandAm bought the coin, but maybe the winds of rage would have blown down by then.

NOW, since I have responded to this topic I will shift gears & hope all my fellow So. Cal. members the best of luck & my thoughts are with you as we go through this terrible time.
    I live to the north of all this (so far) in Ventura, but know that some of you live in area's where it's not so safe.

• Options
    GrivGriv Posts: 2,804
    If anything I have to hand it to dimeman for raising the blood pressure of a few and creating a little spark on the CU. Not that I agree but at the same time we need a little more spunk than what we normally see. I say double up on the Geritol fellows and shake a leg. We need some new forums and where in the friggin hell is a moderator for God's sake? I see more Shiite on this site lately then on some of the hard core political sites, not that I would know. image