Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

FS:PCGS MS66 1895 Liberty Nickel Top pop 10/0

$9,750 delivered

Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.

Comments

• RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet image

Looks VERY PQ
  • BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

Thanks guys,

For the nice comments about the 1895 Nickel!
    Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.
  • STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    I can't afford it, but I can still drool

• That is one of the best mark free coins over a hundred years old i have ever see. I know im a novice at this game but why is that only a 66? i see very few tiny marks on this photo.
  • BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

There is a mark on the reverse below the RI in Pluribus that probably cost the coin a MS67 grade. It is fully struck and has the eye appeal equal to some of the MS 67's I have seen.
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who in the world wouldn't rather have this coin than that 2003 penny in 70!?image
  • commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,077 ✭✭✭
    Holy crap, Brian, really nice coin!!!

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com

• << <i>Who in the world wouldn't rather have this coin than that 2003 penny in 70!?image >>

I know this would come as a real shock to you...but I would rather have the 2003 MS70 Lincoln. I have absolutely zero interest in V nickels, although that is a sweet looking one.
  • leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So........why did this coin grade MS65? Do MS66 and MS67 examples actually look better than this coin? I don't understand.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,077 ✭✭✭
    Leo, it's a 66.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com

• << <i>So........why did this coin grade MS65? Do MS66 and MS67 examples actually look better than this coin? I don't understand.

Leo >>

It is a 66....and there is a small tick above the V on the reverse that kept it from a 67.
  • leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Leo, it's a 66.

-Paul >>

Exactly! What was I thinking? Very nice coin!

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• RonyahskiRonyahski Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That is one of the best mark free coins over a hundred years old i have ever see. I know im a novice at this game but why is that only a 66? i see very few tiny marks on this photo. >>

It's a nice 66. Has that tick on the reverse, but also has been dipped and has a slight chattery and bright look to it and not a fully lustrous look of a 67.
    Some refer to overgraded slabs as Coffins. I like to think of them as Happy Coins.