Home Sports Talk
Options

Question for Bostonians...

Sometime late next summer I am looking to take a trip to the Boston area and my three main points of destination are the Lexington and Concord battle sites(and battle trail), Bunker Hill battle site, Fenway park, and other historic Boston sites.

Any good tips on where to stay, what to avoid? It may not be a trip with the wife, probably with an older son or two though.

I am sure tickets will be tough following a World Series season(like they aren't tough anyway), but any tips on tickets(opponent does not matter).

-skin

Comments

• Options
    Hey Hoopster,

I'm not from Boston, but I work about 15 mins away and live about 45 mins away from there, so I've been there quite a few times.

My advice for tickets: On the day the tix go on sale, you can wait on one of those "virtual waiting rooms" and you'll be surprised at how decent the seats are. My sister gets us tix once a year using this method. Both times we were on the first base line (just up from the field box) about three rows up. WONDERFUL seats... and at face value.. you cant go wrong.

As for your actual travelling schedule, etc.. I cant help you. I've never been to any of those three places. The Long Wharf Marriot is a really nice hotel though, and it's next to the New England aquarium (sp?) which is kinda cool. That'll put you a few miles from the park, but the T (subway) will take you anywhere in the city you want to go.

I also recommend checking out a few of the smaller pubs in the north end. Very good micro-brews, etc.

• Options
    I am curious on how many Boston area people have visited the Lexingont and Concord battle sites and/or tours.
  • Options
    if you stay in the city your going to pay silly prices for hotel room. you could stay on the outskirts and grab the train into the city if your up for a ride on the T image
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    If you get a chance take a tour of Fenway park. It's only $12 (or was a couple of years ago) and the money goes to the Jimmy Fund.

Well worth it!!
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,574 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I am curious on how many Boston area people have visited the Lexingont and Concord battle sites and/or tours. >>

I did when I was a kid, I remember little about it. The Museum of Science is not a bad take, they ussually have decent omnimax type shows which are very neat. Boston Beer works has the BEST Nachos and homemade draft beer as well.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I am curious on how many Boston area people have visited the Lexingont and Concord battle sites and/or tours. >>

I did when I was a kid, I remember little about it. The Museum of Science is not a bad take, they ussually have decent omnimax type shows which are very neat. Boston Beer works has the BEST Nachos and homemade draft beer as well. >>

AMEN PERK!