Home Sports Talk
Options

Dustin Pedroia POLL

Dustin Pedroia is amazing! and he is a freaking rookie!

Comments

• Options
    as good as Pedroia was, Tulowitski was just as impressive, guess what, they are BOTH in the world series image
  • Options
    Tulowitski is just as impressive, he just did it under the radar of the hype machine that is the east coast biased media...will be fantastic to see them going head to head in the world series.
  • Options
    get off your soapbox, pedroia didnt need any hype, he turned around an awful year and hit like a fiend from May till october.

This east coast bias is just a load of crap. REAL baseball fans know who Tulowitski is. Face it, east coast fans are way more passionate then left coasters. Have you ever been to fenway? yankee stadium? totally different mood, fans, atmosphere. Very different in LA, Seattle and Colorado (yes, ive been to all the parks i just mentioned)

I'm glad he flew under the radar a little bit, it allowed me to snag him in 4 different fantasy leagues off the waiver wire image
  • Options

<< <i>get off your soapbox, pedroia didnt need any hype, he turned around an awful year and hit like a fiend from May till october. >>

Who said he was getting undue hype? Simply saying that he is more known nationally because of Boston's east coast influence.

<< <i>This east coast bias is just a load of crap. >>

Uhm, no it's not...but go ahead and believe that.

<< <i>REAL baseball fans know who Tulowitski is. Face it, east coast fans are way more passionate then left coasters. >>

East coast fans are more passionate? Where do you get this chit from? From your east coast media, perhaps? You're insane to think that somehow, someway east coast fans are more 'passionate'. Ever been to a Raiders game? See some passionate fans there? What about the SF Giants packing the house every night? Of course you never hear about that because of the influence east coast teams have.

<< <i>Have you ever been to fenway? yankee stadium? totally different mood, fans, atmosphere. Very different in LA, Seattle and Colorado (yes, ive been to all the parks i just mentioned) >>

So it's different...do you think the fans in Seattle, SF, SD are any less interested or passionate, or because they aren't screaming their heads off like morons say in yankee stadium that somehow makes them less passionate? Give me a break.

<< <i>I'm glad he flew under the radar a little bit, it allowed me to snag him in 4 different fantasy leagues off the waiver wire image >>

Thank your friendly east coast media for that.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Of course I've heard of Tulowitski - that kid has some glove, and looks to be a rising star. Pedroia is the AL Rookie Of The Year, but why the need to compare him to Tulowitski? Can't we just agree that both are rising stars?

(Man, I'm in a good mood right now!)
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    Let's also not forget what Ryan Braun did in Milwaukee.
    Travis
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Let's also not forget what Ryan Braun did in Milwaukee. >>

Exactly. Postseason stats don't (shouldn't) get considered.
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    It's hard to believe he was hitting way under the Mendoza line at the beggining of the year. He's a definite catalyst. I'll admit not knowing much about the Rockies even though I had the MLB package this year. Something tells me we'll all learn a lot more about them soon. McCarver will probably make it his personal mission to give the viewers every possible Colorado Rockie fact. UGGGGH
  • Options
    no one is considering post season stats for Pedroia or Tulowitski. they both had great years, but Troy is an amazing shortstop, and Braun, while he did hit for more power and average is a god awful fielder image seriously awful. I think it will be a close vote, but since the rockies did make it to the post-season and Tulowitski plays a harder position and put up very very good numbers, he might get the nod.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    ROY- Dusty
    MVP-Lowell
    Cy Young-Beckett
    gold glove-youkalis

yankees 200$ million payroll priceless
  • Options
    as much as i would love to see lowell win the MVP, its pretty much a foregone conclusion that its going to AFraud.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    i don't know if he's the best rookie but he's very good and impressive
    pedroia vs. Tulowitski should be a nice match up
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options

<< <i>as much as i would love to see lowell win the MVP, its pretty much a foregone conclusion that its going to AFraud. >>

Afraud?

On what count would you consider him a fraud? Single handedly carrying his team, kicking and screaming, into the playoffs?

Lame.
  • Options
    did someone just fart?
  • Options

<< <i>Dustin Pedroia is amazing! and he is a freaking rookie! >>

First World Series, First Inning, First At Bat, First HOMERUN!

Dustin is ahead in the battle of the amazing rookies so far tonight!
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    don't care if he is 6 inches tall, he is better than most all the hundreds of other players in the MLB

<< <i>image >>

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few of my buddies at work now call me "Pauly Pedroia" image I was dumbfounded and asked why, and they say because during softball season I swing for the fences every at bat just like him... image
  • Options
    Happy birthday Dustin!
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Get well Dustin.