Home Metal Detecting

Garrett GTAX550 for sale

GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭✭
Looking to sell my Garrett GtaX 550. I don't get out anymore and it pains me to see it sit in the closet unused.

Included are the:

standard coil(10 inch, I think)
sniper coil(5 inch)
headphones(They originally came with the unit)

Asking $250 Cash or USPS money order only, plus $15 shipping(if shipping is less, I will refund the balance).
I can deliver within 100 miles.

Please email me at JCoates@hotmail.com if interested.

Thanks.
imageimage

Comments

• RockdogzRockdogz Posts: 145 ✭✭✭
    Is this a good unit for a beginner?
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that is a decent unit for a beginner, and a very good price.

If I had the $$$ to spare, I would buy that as a backup machine.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • I have the ace 250. Is that unit of similar or better quality?
    Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
  • RockdogzRockdogz Posts: 145 ✭✭✭
    Email sent.

<< <i>I have the ace 250. Is that unit of similar or better quality? >>

Same quality, same manufacturer. Higher model. (As evidenced by the model number: yours is a 250, his is a 550.) What's the difference? Well, the 550 has dual discrimination modes you can switch between, a belltone signal for coin-range targets, and other features that the base-model 250 doesn't have. Is it a better machine? Probably not significantly, though the added features are nice to have. The 550 costs in the mid-$400s new, I believe, unless you shop around and are fortunate to get one for under $400. Jeff's machine, being used (but probably only lightly so, I am guessing), is likely a good value for 250 bucks.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

<< <i>standard coil(10 inch, I think) >>

If I recall correctly, the standard coil is 8.5 inches.

• pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>standard coil(10 inch, I think) >>

If I recall correctly, the standard coil is 8.5 inches. >>

yes, and the sniper was 4 I think.

I kinda remember a mistake I made along those lines describing them when I sold mineimage

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill