Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

WTB- 1982 No-P Roosie

LAST coin to finish my 1968-Present Mint Set collection.

513 Coins & it's come down to this one!
Can't afford the top-pops image , but a decent coin would fit nicely. image

Underbidder on a few on eBay, but would rather make a deal with a member here.

Also interested in trading for upgrades to this set, especially the SHQ, that could use some help.
I have SAE's, both BU & Proofs; 'junk silver'; BU '64 Kennedy's; and lots of raw circ coins.

Help a brother out. image

Comments

• Options
    I don't care to own an 82 no p dime. It shouldn't be part of that set. I guess I will never be 100% complete image. I also don't want a Millenium or Goodacre sac, or 94 or 97 sms coins, and I kind of don't even care about the silver 1976 coins or silver Ikes. I collect just coins meant for circulation.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to agree with LincolnsRule that there are some questions about what is required in that set.
    The Goodacre coins were not in mint sets where they? In my mind this was a varity coin and should not even be in the basic set.
    Why is there only one spot for the 1972-P Ike, there is a type 1,2, and 3 of them?
    Where is the 1998-S SMS Kennedy?
    Good luck in the search for the no P.
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't care to own an 82 no p dime. It shouldn't be part of that set. I guess I will never be 100% complete image. I also don't want a Millenium or Goodacre sac, or 94 or 97 sms coins, and I kind of don't even care about the silver 1976 coins or silver Ikes. I collect just coins meant for circulation. >>

Yes, but ALL coins minted by the U.S. Mint should be in all of the sets irregardless of HOW they were minted. If you think that these are the living end, I'm sure the Mint will come up with 10 more ways to Mint coins.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    They should have a basic and a with varieties set for Roosevelt dimes (and the 1968-date set if they want). They should be more consistent with what they decide to put in a registry set. There are a huge number of inconsistencies.

By the way, congrats Augie! That set is really terrific!
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Since this is NOT a selling thread, I am presuming I can reply to it (thereby bringing it to the top).

I have to agree with all those that question the consistencies of registry sets.

Thanks Jaime for the kind words.
    Will try to upgrade when the budget permits, even if they are modern cr@p! image
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Two of them on eBay... 1- is PCGS 64, last I looked bid was like $170.
    Other is NGC 63, was at $150 I believe.
    Unless someone trades you for one, thats about as cheap as they get. Good luck on the trade / bid..
    Dan
  • Options
    Is the auction for the PCGS coin 'legal'?
    No rev. image!!image
  • Options

<< <i>
    Thanks Jaime for the kind words.
    Will try to upgrade when the budget permits, even if they are modern cr@p! image >>

I just wanted to say congrats on finishing that set so fast. You have done a great job getting it to where you have.image

I would like to finish mine up within the next 3-4 years... but I am only 1/3rd of the way there so much work to do!!

• Options
    Can't say I would suggest other to take the same path I did, I'm too impatient. Bought lots of coins that can be easily upgraded.
    But at the time I was not real interested in individual sets other than the Kennedy's & Ike's.
    Now I find that many of them could/should be upgraded, but feel good about where I am.
  • Options

<< <i>Can't say I would suggest other to take the same path I did, I'm too impatient. Bought lots of coins that can be easily upgraded.
    But at the time I was not real interested in individual sets other than the Kennedy's & Ike's.
    Now I find that many of them could/should be upgraded, but feel good about where I am. >>

Hey you collected what you wanted to. There is nothing wrong with that. You can always upgrade and get it to where you want it to be. That is the beauty of collecting. My problem is that I never seem ti finish a set. I get going on too many and it takes a long time to get done. I think I have like 100+ sets registered and only 5 complete. Granted, I am in school finishing up my last semester so the lack of funds doesn't help lol. Once I am finished though it will be a lot of fun to finish that set.
  • Options
    Zach,

Try 557 Total Sets; 140 Complete Sets; 417 Incomplete Sets!
    Of course, same coin in multiple sets.

<<Granted, I am in school finishing up my last semester so the lack of funds doesn't help lol. Once I am finished though it will be a lot of fun to finish that set.>>

Only if you never want to marry! image

Good Luck with your sets.

Augie
  • Options
  • Options
    I am, also Heritage & of course eBay....