Home Metal Detecting

So how many holes have you dug?

I was out looking around today, mostly digging up old cans and pull tabs. While I was sweating away over another coke can, I was thinking that I've dug a bunch of holes since I've started metal-detecting. How many do you think you've created along the way? I wonder how much earthly we have collectively moved... Anyway, just a random thought on a Saturday night...
If it wiggles, it ain't goin' in my salad.

Comments

• 30 billion tons a scoop full at a time....image
  • Man all I know is I have moved quite a bit dirtimage

HH,Tom
  • it's obvious to me ? that i have not dug enough!...hd
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't dug very much. I use a screwdriver.

• << <i>I haven't dug very much. I use a screwdriver. >>

i have been going to a park where the kids drop coins all the time during puppet shows and the like....i've been using a screw driver and retrieving coins from 2-4 inches with great success and amazement....i have to say that pinpointing is the secret for me and my ace 250 is dead on everytime...it's so cool to stick the screwdriver in the ground and feel the "tink" of the coin as you hit it dead on.....i would only use it in a modern park though and never at an older site where something "worth while" might be rescued from the earth.....i'm not that good.......yet.....hh......and remember: "it's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat. but the man worth a while, is the man who can smile, when his pants are too tight in the seat."....see ya

p.s. i'm a flake...what can i say...any crazies out there who can tell me what movie that last line was from?.....hints: 1979, tk
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Caddyshack

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage

• << <i>Caddyshack

Jerry >>

wanna play some golf jerry?....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage

• << <i>