Home Sports Talk
Options

Notre Dame FB Moving to Division II

They are going to join Division II in 2008.

Looks like they want to schedule Chadron State for their home opener in 2008.

Comments

• Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

Tell that to the SCOREBOARD lol

• Options
    I can't wait till they schedule Jacksonville University! Go Dolphins haha!
  • Options
    Do not see Jacksonville or Chadron State on their 2008 schedule. Sorry guys.
  • Options
    The reason you don't see them on the 2008 schedule is that they don't want to play teams that tough...word is they also want to remove the service academies from their schedule as those games are too tough too.
  • Options
    November 15th 2008 @ Navy.
  • Options
    Yeah that navy is a tough matchup!
  • Options

You know Charlie probably won't be around long enough to laugh at him over those stupid comments he made yesterday. That may be one of the worst offenses in college football history.
    There are two types of people in this world; those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't. My ex-wife loves him!!
  • Options
    He's got what, 7 years left? If they fire him now, who honestly wants that job? And they still would have to pay Weis for the remaining years.

• Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Charlie isn't going anywhere. He is settled into the community, just built a new home and started the Hannah foundation. This year has been a real eye opener for him as well as a humbling one for him. I been an ND fan since the 50's and they were losing many games then too. This season was lost in the spring and summer and a lot of it is Weis's fault as he did not prepare the squad and insisted on using the same schemes as he did in NE. These players are not capable of running it do to youth and lack of preparation. He now knows he has to simplify it and put in a scheme these kids can run. Fortunately he is a good enough coach to realize this. Yesterday they received their 20th verbal, Michael Floyd a rivlas top 12 player and a stud wide receiver from Minnesota giving them again the number one or two class in the country. Georgia was one before this signing. Combine this class with last years top five and things will eventually turn at ND.

Get your jollies out this year and next because unfortunately for some of you they will be back. I guess I never will completely understand the hatred and jealousy that ND brings out in some of you as I have always enjoyed the traditional programs competing and doing well such as Mich, OSU, Alabama, SC, OU, LSU and many others. I actually feel for the Nebraska fans and get no sense of enjoyment out of them playing poorly. I can only surmise that more miserable one is the more glee they get out of others not doing well. I don't remember the exact quote or who said it but it goes something like this, a man is only as tall as how low he reaches to help out others. Think about that the next time glee over takes you when others struggle. What makes sports competition fun is that there is room for fans of every ilk and location.
  • Options
    Well said Mike. The time will come again when ND will wake up the echoes cheering her name!!
  • Options
    Aren't the players on the team right now a part of top 10 recruiting classes?
  • Options
    Just the freshmen Goot. Part of Charlie's mistake was not to get them ready to go. He admitted as much this weekend. 5 of them started Saturday on defense and offense and more of them on special teams. Another 3 got into game action for the first time.
  • Options

<< <i>Just the freshmen Goot. Part of Charlie's mistake was not to get them ready to go. He admitted as much this weekend. 5 of them started Saturday on defense and offense and more of them on special teams. Another 3 got into game action for the first time. >>

Thanks for the info. I'm a long ways away from South Bend, so I don't see many press conferences or interviews on the Irish. Also, thanks for not taking my statement as insulting.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reality of College sports is that it is cyclical... even the best programs have dry spells and some dry spells last longer than others. Lets give Weiss a chance

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    Why do people hate ND?

Uhm, think it might be to the endless amounts of undue praise heaped on the program? How about the countless bowl games in which they had no business being in? Nobody is wishing ill on the kids, but the program has been vastly overrated for years. I think it's fitting that they haven't won a bowl game in years.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    Lets see Charlie was so smart with Ty's kids. Yet the last three years he has had top 10 recruiting classes. He has either gotten dumb with his own kids or they arent good football players. I think more than likely he has been overrated in all respects. His own kids aren't producing for him. And he's not getting them to produce for him. So I dont see where the jump in the program is going to come from if three years of top ten classes coming in havent restocked the team, its seems to me pretty hard to predict that in four years things will be better. But then again they cant get much worse.

Maybe the NCAA should adpot the rules that are used in soccer in leagues over seas. The bottom team of the top league every year moves down to a lower level, and the top team of the a lower level moves up.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    jradke your post only shows how ignorant you are. Charlie was hired to late to have much affect on recruiting his first year but did manage to salvage it albeit they only signed 16 recruits. Hardly even a top 30 class. Last year the recruits came and they are this year too, versus Ty's crummy classes none of which cracked the top 30.

You ought to stay out threads you have no knowledge about unless you are another one like axtell who acts like a juvenile and enjoys stirring the pot and adds little but cliched replies.
  • Options
    correct that, ND football to drop down to NAIA division for 2008
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor NBC. Stuck with that ND broadcast contract and no other college football.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    it might be working out for NBC, a lot of people root for ND and will tune in to finally see a win, maybe. and a lot of people will tune in to watch them lose again. i would think their rating haven't moved that much but for the wrong reasons.
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Charlie isn't going anywhere. He is settled into the community, just built a new home and started the Hannah foundation. This year has been a real eye opener for him as well as a humbling one for him. I been an ND fan since the 50's and they were losing many games then too. This season was lost in the spring and summer and a lot of it is Weis's fault as he did not prepare the squad and insisted on using the same schemes as he did in NE. These players are not capable of running it do to youth and lack of preparation. He now knows he has to simplify it and put in a scheme these kids can run. Fortunately he is a good enough coach to realize this. Yesterday they received their 20th verbal, Michael Floyd a rivlas top 12 player and a stud wide receiver from Minnesota giving them again the number one or two class in the country. Georgia was one before this signing. Combine this class with last years top five and things will eventually turn at ND.

Get your jollies out this year and next because unfortunately for some of you they will be back. I guess I never will completely understand the hatred and jealousy that ND brings out in some of you as I have always enjoyed the traditional programs competing and doing well such as Mich, OSU, Alabama, SC, OU, LSU and many others. I actually feel for the Nebraska fans and get no sense of enjoyment out of them playing poorly. I can only surmise that more miserable one is the more glee they get out of others not doing well. I don't remember the exact quote or who said it but it goes something like this, a man is only as tall as how low he reaches to help out others. Think about that the next time glee over takes you when others struggle. What makes sports competition fun is that there is room for fans of every ilk and location. >>

Some of the clowns around here need to read this a second time. No, I am not a ND fan but just a college football fan.

GO DUCKS!!

Ken
  • Options
    Notre Dame is like the Yankees of college football. Fans all over the country who only come out of the woodowrk when the Irish are doing well.

J
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Notre Dame is like the Yankees of college football. Fans all over the country who only come out of the woodowrk when the Irish are doing well.

J >>

I disagree. Even when NYY were not doing well, I always knew who the Yankees fans were. Granted, this is many years ago, but NYY fans have really never hidden their illness.