Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

What will this grade? Want to add this one to my set registry!

Hi, I recently purchased this John Thompson auto for my set registry. What do you guys think this would grade? I just received my 100 card savers I ordered from PSA, they said they didn't have a smaller pack lol, I had to wait for them so now i'm packing some cards tonight for grading and I can't be more exictedimage I also bought one of those nice plastic red boxes to put the graded cards in, I think it holds 20 or 25 PSA graded cards. So anyway, do you know what this John Thompson would grade? I know these cards from this set always come back realy bad so don't know what to expect from this one. Thank you for your timeimage

Comments

• Options
    LOL, sorry I forgot the link:

John Thompson Autograph
  • Options
    GOODLIEUGOODLIEU Posts: 629 ✭✭
    This John Thompson (Coach) does not qualify for the player registry. There is however a John Thompson in the registry as a player.
    John Thompson
    Enshrined 1962
    Born: February 10, 1906
    St. George, UT
    Died: October 7, 1990

A high school phenomenon, John Thompson didn't slow down when he hit the college courts. Leading Dixie High School to the Utah state championship and a second place finish in the 1925 High School National Tournament in Chicago, Thompson progressed to become one of the nation's top players at Montana State, piloting the Golden Bobcats to a 102-11 record in three seasons. Clever, quick, and beautifully conditioned, Montana State Coach G. Ott Romney nicknamed Thompson "The Cat." The three-time All-Rocky Mountain Conference selection averaged 15.4 points a game for his career at a time when the national team scoring average was 40 points. In three seasons, The Cat scored an amazing 1,539 points in 100 collegiate games and finished his career as Montana State's all-time leading scorer.

It is possible to obtain his autograph on a HOF Bookmark if you can find one signed. This card can be entered into the registry if it clears PSA/DNA Authentication.
  • Options
    Thanks for that info, thats kinda silly don't you think? Why in the world would they do that and whos the genius who I guess requested this set? I think they should make a set for whoever is in the Basketball Hall of Fame period. Until you gave me this info I was under the impression that all hall of famers would be included in this set, I never really read it carefuly to see it says hall of fame players lolimage Dosen't anybody think it would make sense to have a set that would include every single hall of famer period? Sure lots of them don't have autographed cards but some have cut cards and cut cards are new in Basketball so they will keep coming out with new cut cards for any hall of famers who never had a card, its all the matter of time. I think it makes ne sense what so ever to make a set for Hall of Fame Players only, I think its only fair to make a Basketball set that includes all Hall of Famers period, what are we tgona be with the rest of the hall of famers? Throw them in the garbage? I don't think so! I think a real set would consist of every hall of famer period, nothing less. What does anybody else think? Sure everybody got an opinion but that one is mineimage
  • Options
    Does anybody know why the would make a set registry for Basketball Hall of Fame players instead of any person in the HOF period? Do they do this for every sport? Why not make a set for every Hall of Famer? Thanksimage
  • Options
    Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    You can probably request that the set be added. I know that the HOF football set includes everyone (players, coaches, admin).

Reese
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • Options

<< <i>You can probably request that the set be added. I know that the HOF football set includes everyone (players, coaches, admin).

Reese >>

Hey Reese, whats up? I keep trying to catch you on chatzy lol. So about that set, I think its totaly dumb not to include every single Basketball Hall of Famers period! They don't call it the Basketball Players Hall of Fame, they call it Basketball Hall of Fame LOL. I think a set is only complete with every single hall of famer and not just the players. Yeah I looked at the Football and they seem to include players and coaches, sorry for asking lol but whats admin? Why didn't they make a Basketball Hall of Fame Autographs set? Why only for players? Dosen't anybody think a HOF set should be just that, all hall of famers? Ok Reese, talk to you laterimage
  • Options
    Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    "Administration"- I think a better word would have been Contributors- owners, refs, presidents, commisioners, ect.... I have no idea why it is doesnt include everyone. To be honest, I haven't taken a good look at it. Like I said, you can probably request it if you get a list of everyone put together. It may take a while to get the set added though.

Sorry I've just been busy lately. I'll keep trying to catch you on there. Talk to you later

Reese
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • Options

<< <i>"Administration"- I think a better word would have been Contributors- owners, refs, presidents, commisioners, ect.... I have no idea why it is doesnt include everyone. To be honest, I haven't taken a good look at it. Like I said, you can probably request it if you get a list of everyone put together. It may take a while to get the set added though.

Sorry I've just been busy lately. I'll keep trying to catch you on there. Talk to you later

Reese >>

Hey Reese, thanks, I know I finaly know what it meansimage How long do you think it will take for them to add the entire HOF set? I mean the list is easy, i'll just go to hoophall.com and get the list there! Does anybody know how this works to get a set added? What do I do wit the list? Do I email it to them or what lol. I have to give them some PSA grading numbers, you know the PSA serial number for like 5 cards or something? Is that how many it is 5?

Don't worry about it Reese, whenever you feel like leaving a message there just do so and i'll definetly get back. Ok, catch you later and thanks again for everythingimage