Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Which card is better for my Basketball set registry?

Hi, I would like to know what you guys think. Which of these 2 cards do you think would be better for my set and why? My set registry set is Basketball HOF Autographs. I'm going to send out some cards to be graded, actualy i'm gona pack them tonight and since I got these 2 cards of the same player I would like to know what you guys think.

Card #1

OR

Card #2

Comments

• Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Card #2 is beautiful in my opinion! #1 has that cool inscription, but I think that #2 looks much better overall.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options

<< <i>Card #2 is beautiful in my opinion! #1 has that cool inscription, but I think that #2 looks much better overall. >>

Hey man, thanks for your opinion. Yeah I know a lot of people like this set, actualy i'm sending in 2 other cards from this set as well, the Paul Arizin and the Bob Cousey(both numbered to 50). I think people go both ways with those 2 Mikan's because the All-American is numbered to 46 but the other one as his inscription Mr. Basketball and that one is numbered to 100 so its like 50/50.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I vote for #2 as well, although it's tough to go wrong with either. Nice cards.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options

<< <i>I vote for #2 as well, although it's tough to go wrong with either. Nice cards. >>

Hey Grffiens, whats up man? I meant to get in contact with you but didn't know how lol. I finaly got that Mikan Menko up for auction, I never did get any response from the network 54 but thank you very much for adding it to their boards. I went with Mastronet and their going to list it in the December premier auction, I already signed the contract so lets see what it does. Sorry for changing the subject for a second lol. Now back to the Mikan autos, I already have the Inscriptions to my online set registry and probably will add the Mikan All-American when I get it graded. Thanks againimage
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    #2 is beautiful, I would use that one and sell #1 if you can't keep both. #1 looks too much like the tape autographs they use in football. That all american looking one is the best looking mikan card I've ever seen!
  • Options

<< <i>#2 is beautiful, I would use that one and sell #1 if you can't keep both. #1 looks too much like the tape autographs they use in football. That all american looking one is the best looking mikan card I've ever seen! >>

Thanks man, yeah I love the All-American set too. My most favorite non-auto set in the world is the 14 card set of GOTG All-American, they show great color and the overall look is beautiful, I own about 6 full sets of those. I actualy didn't even know that the 1950's Football All-American set existed, I later learned that they took the design from that Football set, this was a while back anyway lol, i've seen pleanty of the 1950's Football by now. I also noticed that they made some kind of Autographs like this for Football but I think there on stickers, I like the Bubba Smith for that set but to bad its a sticker and not oncard. I'll probably sell my 2 Mikan inscriptions one of these days if I get a great offer, I also have 2 of these All-American Mikan autos so I have 2 and 2. Thanks againimage
  • Options
    LOL, I forgot to ask, what do you think that All-American would grade? I already have the Inscriptions graded by bgs and want to cross it over and I also already have the Inscriptions auto in my set registry right now in a grade of a 9. The other Inscriptions by the way is a BGS 9, maybe would cross over to a 10, worth a shot I guess.
  • Options
    Card 2, no question.
  • Options
    I'll take #2 BOB. nice Mikan
    Collector of 71 Kelloggs Football and Unitas cards.
  • Options
    #2 for sure. It's a beauty!!!
  • Options
    Thanks guysimage Yeah I love #2 too but I do love the Inscriptions as well lol. I guess I like the All-American because Mikan is pictured in his Depaul jersey and of course the card is beautiful.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    i like the #2 that is a sharp card
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started