Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

What does a 1968-S PCGS PR69DCAM Kennedy go for nowadays?

I won a 1969-S PCGS PR69DCAM Kennedy Half for my Registry Set last night on eBay, but was also bidding on a 1968-S Kennedy in same grade. However, I was easily out bid for that coin. I see the pop report shows roughly half the number of 1968-S Kennedy's compared to 1969-S Kennedy's in PR69DCAM. However, the 68-S Kennedy's have like 16 coins in PR70DCAM, where as the 69-S Kennedy only has 1 coin graded PR70DCAM. Taking this into account, I would guess the price difference between the 2 dates won't be that much.

But there seems to be a large price difference. I have tracked some closing auctions for the 1969-S Kennedy's, but don't have any information for the 1968-S Kennedy's. Can someone help me out on that? Or cna someone give me some closing prices for the 68-S Kennedy's in PCGS PR69DCAM? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Every time I have had a 68-S in 69DCAM on E-Bay they have sold for about $30 more than the 1969.
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    GeomanGeoman Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Marty. I bid on one of your 69-S Kennedy's a few weeks ago and got out bid.

Last night, I had to up my bid to $190 (for a 1969-S PCGS PR69DCAM) to win it - which I really didn't want to go that high. Oh well. However, I also bid $50 more than that for a 68-S Kennedy in same grade, and was easily out bid. I guess I will wait and see for now.
  • Options
    The other issue on those two dates in particular is the wide range of contrast and detail, even for coins graded the same. Take a good hard look at each one before you bid. I have paid 3x and 4x for the 68 and the 69 because of the range available. I bought the ones that appealed to me.

good luck
  • Options
    about $295
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.
  • Options