Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

CHEERIOS Sacagawea Dollar~ MS66 PCGS~ What will it sell for???

2»

Comments

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it beat my expectations. I didn't think it would top 8 grand. And the juice is much less with eBay, than it is with Heritage or Teletrade.
    Nice score for the winner, too.

Now drop your britches for a good spanking from the Hall Monitors.

Pimp Whippin'
  • Options

Looks like someone got Lei'd
  • Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭
    It might be spam, but I doubt you would have got that kind of money without it.
    On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options

<< <i>It might be spam, but I doubt you would have got that kind of money without it. >>

You could be right about not getting the exposure, but there were over two thousand views before the link was sent here, so I am uncertain as to the accuracy of our thinking. It was on a few people's list. I think Mr. Braddick got about ten grand for his discovery coin without much help from the boards.
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The irony here is that the more people that chime in with their righteousness the more frequently this thread is bumped to the top.

Huh??

It might be spam, but I doubt you would have got that kind of money without it.

Interesting comment - is there any way to prove it one way or the other??
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i><<It might be spam, but I doubt you would have got that kind of money without it.>>

Interesting comment - is there any way to prove it one way or the other?? >>

No there is not, but considering the number of visitor's that read the messages here and have followed the series at all I'm sure the extra exposure did not hurt the bottom line.
    On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Is this post really not supposed to be on this forum??? >>

NO it is SPAN now where that picture of the Can of Processed meat. >>

You mean this one:imageimageimageimage

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Is this post really not supposed to be on this forum??? >>

Hmmmm.....you've been around for a few months now.....you aren't a "newbie"....multiple people have told you it is spam...and without the smileys......AND, I KNOW you know what the BST is because you have posted there.

Poor form dude >>

While I do agree it MAY be poor form to post it here, I am glad that you are not over there spamming it 10 ttt's per day. I am surprised to see it hit $10k though. I wish I had one of these big boys.

And as far as owning ancient widgets or this modern rarity...I would take the modern rarity any day. If the pops stay low like they have, these have no where to go but up.
  • Options

<< <i>Personally I would rather buy 10 ounces of gold for the price this would go for. >>

10 ounces of gold image

PM me for price and details.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    You know so much bs about whether it was proper for this individual to post here. Yet how many times do we see other forum members post photos of Anaconda's coins and complementing them, or other individual's posting photos they took for certain sellers and saying things like here is a great..............you fill in the blanks. But when this individual posts his own coin for sale that is a no no. I think this is a lot of hypocritical hog wash. Either we alow this stuff or stop all the around the back bs ads but we all know what is going on, wink wink. SO we shouldn't give this gentleman a hard time and look away when the other fellas do it. Just my typical 2 sense.

Either make it a forum rule that no one can post an auction on the coin forum or not.
  • Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a not so sly way of spamming

BST Forumimage
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    Well I'm somewhat suprised at the results.A good price for an Ultra Modern coin...!!...
    ...even if it was spamed a bit....still..the spamming here had no effect on the sale of the coin ...I'm sure..!!!.I for one check out the Sac's on E-bay on a regular basis as would other Sac collectors.Posting it here was indeed an infraction of the rules...but I say "you gotta bend a little before you snap".
    Good sale ..btw.....image
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You know so much bs about whether it was proper for this individual to post here. Yet how many times do we see other forum members post photos of Anaconda's coins and complementing them, or other individual's posting photos they took for certain sellers and saying things like here is a great..............you fill in the blanks. But when this individual posts his own coin for sale that is a no no. I think this is a lot of hypocritical hog wash. Either we alow this stuff or stop all the around the back bs ads but we all know what is going on, wink wink. SO we shouldn't give this gentleman a hard time and look away when the other fellas do it. Just my typical 2 sense. >>

I understand your point but as a counterexample I have to point out that I often have genuine questions about coins for sale that I have no need or desire to pump up as I have no affiliation with the seller. I would hate to be prohibited from posting them. Also, we get about 10 posts a day of people linking auctions that they want to criticize. Or "have you ever seen this slab" or "do you think this story if true".

So right now the unwritten rule is don't post just to spam your own auctions. And if someone is thought to be posting other auctions just to try to generate traffic I'm sure they'll be spanked for spamming too.

--Jerry
  • Options
    Looks like the Cheerios Sacagawea is on the rise. Congrats to the seller and new owner! image
    Never teach a pig to sing. You'll waste your time and annoy the pig image

• Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Hey guess what guys no one was making a big deal out of this, just pointing out the bad form of linking one of your auctions and if you think that is hypocrisy pull your pantaloons out your butt. Amazes me what gets some you outraged. image
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think pf70collector, wondercoin and cladking should all get together and go bowling.

Come into the light my friends! Come into the light!!

........and lead not Slammer into temptation..........

imageimage
    imageimage

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You know so much bs about whether it was proper for this individual to post here. Yet how many times do we see other forum members post photos of Anaconda's coins and complementing them, or other individual's posting photos they took for certain sellers and saying things like here is a great..............you fill in the blanks. But when this individual posts his own coin for sale that is a no no. I think this is a lot of hypocritical hog wash. Either we alow this stuff or stop all the around the back bs ads but we all know what is going on, wink wink. SO we shouldn't give this gentleman a hard time and look away when the other fellas do it. Just my typical 2 sense. >>

Sounds, from your solution, that you should work for ebay on making their coin auction policy image
    While I agree that some people do go overboard in hyping certain people's auctions (ie....dizzy and the snake), there are many times it is legit. What happens is that some people go overboard, believe etiquette doesn't apply to them, or they just don't care.

I still think Carol should make a mod out of me and allow me thread deleting/user banning powers...that would clean things up image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ........and lead not Slammer into temptation..........

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    If this was a hyped classic coin would it get the same reaction?
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Personally I would rather buy 10 ounces of gold for the price this would go for. >>

10 ounces of gold image

PM me for price and details. >>

10 Ounces of Indian Half Eagles that is. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

10 ounces of gold image

PM me for price and details. >>

10 Ounces of Indian Half Eagles that is. image >>

Doesn't all this wheelin' & dealin' belong on the BST....!!!!!!............image
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    lol. this thread has legs. all over an ugly sac.
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>l...ugly sac. >>

• Options
    Touche' Becoka. Good comeback. These are widgets to Jay image

anyways, I have a serious question about this coin.
    when I see the label and then see the coin number, I wonder about this. Can Wondercoin, or Mr Guth or someone address this little discrepancy to me ?

As it's listed in the Price Guide:
    147231--- 2000-P Cheerios Dollar FS-401

Is it FS-901 or FS-401 ? image It also says 901 on another label I've seen.

This really was entertaining to read over.
  • Options
    eCoinquesteCoinquest Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭
    Joe,
    If I might add my two cents, well maybe threeimage, It seems that the first three Cheerios Sacs slabbed were FS-901 and afterwards they have become FS-401. I recently slabbed my ANACS Cheerios Sac and it is an FS-401 too. I would geuss that it was an error on PCGS' part or maybe the Wounded Eagle Sacs which are also FS-901, confused them so they changed one. Here is a photo of one of the first Wounded Eagles I had slabbed by PCGS. image
  • Options
    Thanks eCoinquest.
    There is a great lesson in this thread... in so many ways.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only bid on it so I could have one PCGS, one NGC and one in the original Cheerios package.....
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file