Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

From the Collection: Large Cents, Toned/White Morgans For Sale Here (More Coming Soon)

To help cover the cost of my new addiction to flying (being the pilot, that is), it's time to sell a few prizes from my collection. I have some pieces with me, and others are out of state and I'll be picking those up in a bit over a month. Anyway, I pride myself on buying really attractive pieces with great eye appeal, and hope you agree.

Listed here are the first of the pieces available, which are the ones I've photographed sometime in the past. I'll be reshooting some, and adding more pieces as well, as soon as time permits. Please don't hesitate to ask about any coin I have listed.

Shipping will be as low as I can make it with the coins still arriving safely. Everything will be sent insured (at lower-than-USPS rates), and packages valued above $500 will be sent registered mail. I can accept PayPal, though I prefer checks/money orders to save on the fees (or non-credit card paypal to an alternate account).

***Coins in hand but not yet listed include a few toned buffalo nickels, some more toned Morgan dollars, and other pieces.

1847 Large Cent NGC MS62BN--$250
When I first set out to buy an uncirculated large cent, I looked long and hard before I found this one (actually, Mark Feld found it for me). The piece is a nice brown with large amounts of red remaining, especially on the reverse. It's far nicer than your typical MS62 or brown coin, and though I really like this one, it's time to say goodbye after many years. These pictures were taken almost 3 years ago... back when I was still working on my setup.

1851 Large Cent ANACS MS62BRN--$150 SOLD
Good things come in pairs. Soon after buying the 1847 piece above, which was a many-months-long hunt, I stumbled across this piece. It has a superb strike, a very nice planchet, and lovely color. The obverse is a bit flat, but the reverse quite glossy with light lustre. Another example that I consider much nicer than typical.

1880-S PCGS MS64PL Morgan Dollar--$225
I know that 1880-S Morgans are often nice, but this one is truly superb. Deep mirrors and extremely thick frost make it a great coin. Technically, it is near both MS65 and DMPL (I believe it would be a DMPL if the reverse had slightly deeper mirrors--the obverse looks to be a solid DMPL). I didn't hesitate to pay strong for the coin because I believe the price is well justified.

1881-S NGC MS66* Morgan Dollar--$935
This is a gorgeous piece with superb color covering the obverse, as well as great lustre and semi-PL fields. As for the grade, some days I agree, some days I don't. There is some chatter, but also a light abrasion on the cheek that toned differently from the rest of the coin, making it more prominent. Regardless, the coin is technically a very nice piece, and the look carries it much further than the plastic. When I showed it to some toned collectors and dealers after buying it, their average value for the piece was around $1000. I'll price it a bit lower than that figure. The first picture shows the actual vibrancy colors, while the second shows better where the colors lie on the coin... I'll try to reshoot this one soon.

1884 Morgan Dollar PCGS MS63--$200
Housed in an old rattler holder, this piece is reminicient of an 1881-S. The fields are semi-PL and just have the flash of the early S-mints. Additionally, this piece features wonderful toning. On the obverse, yellow, orange, purple, and blue grace the area in front of Ms. Liberty, while on the reverse, the whole rainbow is lit in a beautiful display of color. Outside of direct light, the colors are noticeable but not too well defined. In light, however, the fields light up giving life to the color; some parts by way of lustre, others by way of the semi-PL fields. A nice coin indeed, correctly graded at MS63.

Larger Image

1886 Morgan Dollar ANACS MS64... $90
I've always liked 1886 dollars for their lustrous, textured orange peel surfaces, and this coin doesn't disappoint. While mostly white, there is a small patch of orange and gold on the obverse of this piece, as well as a huge number of die cracks. The reverse is nearly fully toned, with cranberry, lime, and sky blue gently transitioning from one to the next. So I can have a clear conscience, I should mention that there is a fingerprint above the eagle's head--but good luck finding it. I hate using sunlight to look at coins, but when this piece came, it was the easiest light to access... and there was a faint print. I then looked at the coin under strong incandescent light, and the print vanished. So yes, there's a light print. And no, if you use a light bulb, you probably won't ever find it.

Larger Image

Thanks for looking, and please let me know if I can help in any way.

Jeremy
JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research

Comments