Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

More Funny Database Calculations

I upgraded a card in my 1949 Bowman set from PSA 7 to PSA 8 and the weighted GPA dropped from 7.31 t0 7.28 Also, I upgraded 2 cards in my 1951 Bowman set from PSA 7 to PSA 8 and now the set has a set rating higher than the weighted GPA (the set is at 100% so they should be equal).

1951 Bowman

Comments

• Options
    Vargha, I've been having the same problem (set rating higher than the GPA for 100% complete) for many weeks now on both of my sets. Every time I upgrade my sets the individual set rating goes higher than the GPA. In my case it also brings up the finest set rating and makes that figure wrong too.

I have to e-mail BJ every time it happens. Some times it's fixed, and sometimes it's not. If you look through the registry you will see many such examples.

I'm not a happy camper, but how much can I complain? There are people who are still waiting for their sets to be added with incorrect weightings no less.

Now if you were to slip her a few Vargha-bucks maybe we could resolve this problem. I tried offering my z-bucks, but she laughed in my face knowing that they weren't legal tender.
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    I've got a good one for ya.

Yesterday - Erik Jarvi added a Frank Reberger PSA 8 into his 72 set. His set rating went from 6.47 to 6.48. At the same time, I added a Clarence Gaston PSA 9 into my 72 set. My set rating went from 6.43 to 6.42.

Very odd - so I've given up trying to figure it out. I'll just see how it looks when I get to 100%.
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    OK...Help explain this one!!!

All-Time Finest possible Set rating is 8.33

1976-77 Basketball Grade Points 8.18... Completion 100%... Set Rating 8.33

There are no variations in this set so why the 2 different numbers?

Carlos