Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Santa Auto's GU coming soon !!!

Didnt see this posted. Guess I'll get one for my boys. lol

Topps Story

St. Nick to Sign Autographs and Donate Santa Suit for All-New Product

North Pole (Aug. 15, 2007) -- The Topps Company announced that it has signed an exclusive deal with Santa Claus to create a special 18-card set of the jolly St. Nick.

''I’ve been giving kids Topps cards for years and now I’m getting my own series…how exciting!'' exclaimed Santa. ''I can’t wait to see my Topps Rookie Card!''

This Fall, Topps will release an 18-card set featuring 15 Santa cards on classic Topps Baseball designs. The set will also include three special trading cards: A card autographed by Santa, a memorabilia card featuring a piece of his red crushed velvet suit and his Topps Rookie Card. The set will retail for $9.99.

The agreement also grants Topps exclusive rights within the trading card category for licensed memorabilia and the use of Santa on packaging and advertising.

''This is by far our biggest signing in the history of the company,'' said Topps. ''We have a feeling Santa will be dropping this set into a lot of stockings this year.''
imageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The agreement also grants Topps exclusive rights within the trading card category for licensed memorabilia and the use of Santa on packaging and advertising. >>

Is there a lawyer in the house that can explain how it's possible to get an exclusive with someone that doesn't exist?

Sorry if I just ruined Santa for anyone.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't ProSet (Lud Denny) have an exclusive with Santa in the late 80's?
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Didn't ProSet (Lud Denny) have an exclusive with Santa in the late 80's? >>

I have a few santa cards including his autograph insert. He's on cards with emmitt, bledsoe, marino, etc in the early-mid 90s as well as the pro set insert auto.

At one time the proline auto card was valuable. Interestingly, he only uses his first name in the auto. I think mine was ghost signed, looks like my mom's writing image

It came back from psa as questionable auth.

Edited to add - took a minute to find it, too much crap laying around!

• Options
    Thanks for posting your Santa auto. But I hate to say I think yours is fake. See how the S is different. I think the Topps one is real because they're more popular than Proline.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    The '73 design is cool.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    just snagged the last 2 boxes of these at target today!
  • Options

<< <i>just snagged the last 2 boxes of these at target today! >>

If you are going to open them, we need scans...

PAVEL BURE "THE RUSSIAN ROCKET"

I am looking for ANY Pavel Bure cards you might be willing to sell off. Please just send me a PM if you do. Thanks!!

Successful Transactions with: bigfische, BobaFett72, Karb
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    got them for the kids!
  • Options

<< <i>got them for the kids! >>

I am looking for ANY Pavel Bure cards you might be willing to sell off. Please just send me a PM if you do. Thanks!!

• Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    I'm sending them to PSA/DNA!
  • Options
    Bought one and opened it and then bought another to hold on to.
  • Options

<< <i>Bought one and opened it and then bought another to hold on to. >>

Scans por favor? image

• Options
    Bought one for my youngest. I cant get scans until after the 25th.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    KarbKarb Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    I bought 2 of them today. One to open and one to keep. I told my daughter that I saw Santa today and gave him her list. She didn't believe me and I said "Santa thought you would say that, so he told me to give you this autographed card". She was ecstatic.

Robert

Hoarding silver and collecting history
  • Options
    GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    Will PSA/DNA even authenticate such a card?

• Options
    KarbKarb Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    Maybe...My two look pretty much the same. the "s" in Claus is a little different
    Robert

Hoarding silver and collecting history
  • Options
    I wonder what poor sap had to sign all of those... image

Besides Santa of coarse...

• Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    santa needs a FF variation!

perhaps a redneck/cajun santa GU set?

that would rock, old boudreaux delivering cigarettes & coffee to all the boys & girls.

j
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    I saw this auction when it was own around $2.00 and I said, "Well hell, I'll go for it." I just went back to it now and it was up around $15.00!! Is a card signed by a fake Santa really work this much?? All I have to say is WOW!!

Link