Home Sports Talk
Options

It's official, my beloved Nebraska Cornhuskers . . . . .

ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
Suck!!! image

Geez, it looks like Callahan forgot to recruit a defense. Hello Motor City bowl (maybe)!! image

Comments

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missouri is a much better team than folks think... they have a good shot at a BCS game

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Next Saturday will determine if Missouri is for real or not.
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    That was painful game to watch.
    I think the Skers could use an upgrade at defensive coordinator, not sure Cosgrove is the answer.

Have to give Mizzou props, they looked pretty good.

Peace
    Trying to complete 1970 psa set.
    45% complete.
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    They are bad.

USC's win over Nebraska is looking more and more meaningless. Our season's not totally wrecked in this chaotic college football year, but the win over the Huskers isn't inspiring much confidence in our ability to beat Cal or Oregon. I just hope we finish ahead of Mizzou in the polls.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Nice effort on Homecoming today by the Huskers.

I'm glad they gave that idiot Callahan an extension after he beat Nevada.

They are horrible.

Peace
    Trying to complete 1970 psa set.
    45% complete.
  • Options

<< <i>Nice effort on Homecoming today by the Huskers.

I'm glad they gave that idiot Callahan an extension after he beat Nevada.

They are horrible.

Peace >>

OMFG!!! 45-14!! Now it looks like they will be lucky to have a winning record. Nice going coaches. imageimageimage
  • Options
    CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭
    If the combination of homecoming, having the '97 National Championship team there, etc. can't motivate this team and coaches nothing can...except getting fired maybe.

Now that Tom Osborne doesn't have a job, maybe they can hire him as AD after Pederson gets canned. At least he understands Nebraska and Nebraska football. These idiots who want to "change the culture" of Nebraska football have done just that. Stood at an open elevator shaft and pushed the program in. image
    Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
  • Options
    Wow, quite the circus in Nebraska after only 2 Big 12 ass-kickings:

Nebraska AD Fired, after contract renewed for 5 years (can you say $$$$$ buyout)?

Tom Osborne named interim AD.

Defensive Coordinator fired -- what Defense?

Callahan on the hot seat, with Turner Gill breathing down his neck. (can you say ANOTHER $$$$ buyout)?

Suck it up Husker fans, looks like 2 or 3 losing seasons ahead. And no good basketball team to look forward to.
  • Options
    It seems that sums it up in a nutshell...

• Options
    Callahan is history, just a matter of if they want to pull the trigger now or at the end of the season.
  • Options
    The trigger may have already been pulled and it will not be announced until the end of the season...

• Options
    Well, another ass-kicking at home, and there goes the winning record. And Kansas is kicking butt!! What is this world coming to??

The Callahan death watch begins!! image
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>And Kansas is kicking butt!! >>

There's always that one team in the Big 12 that comes from no where.

Only a matter of time before Baylor has a breakout year.

: snickers :
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    A truly horrifying loss to Kansas, 76-39 (no this was not a basketball game).

I don't think Callahan will last the season -- he may get canned tomorrow.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KU should have left the starters in and dropped 100 on the Huskers. Mangino called off the dogs with what, about 11 minutes left. I don't recall Osbourne ever showing any mercy like that. Oh well, payback sure is sweet. image
    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    I hate nebraska, but they are one of those teams that makes college football better when they are winning. As a raiders fan, you could see this coming years ago(callahan head coaching failure)
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options

<< <i>KU should have left the starters in and dropped 100 on the Huskers. Mangino called off the dogs with what, about 11 minutes left. I don't recall Osbourne ever showing any mercy like that. Oh well, payback sure is sweet. image >>

You are correct, your recollection is very poor. After a big lead, Osborne always had 3rd and 4th stringers in, like the second half of the 84-13 drubbing of Minnesota in 1984.
  • Options

<< <i>I don't recall Osbourne ever showing any mercy like that. >>

Here's a story about that. Back when Pat Jones was coaching Oklahoma State, Nebraska was blasting OSU at half, when the teams came back on the field for the 2nd half, Osborne had one of the trainers run across the field and hand Pat Jones a note. On it was written every play Nebraska was going to run and in the order they were going to run them, in the second half. I don't know if the story is true, but it was Pat Jones that told it.
  • Options
    I did not see the game, but did Mangino really put in reserves at the 11 minute mark? If so, that is really sad for the once-proud Blackshirts. I thought he might have been smacking the Huskers around to make up for 40 years of being on the other end of the stick.
  • Options
    Well, well, the Huskers drop 73 on the K-State Mildcats AND hold them to less than 40 points!! Go figure!!

Is it enough to give Callahan a stay of execution? If so, a convincing win over Colorado is a must!
  • Options
    1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭
    Convincing win over Colorado?? HHHAAA!! I can't believe they're this bad!!!! Anyone watching this.....they are REALLY bad this year. Hate to admit I'm a Husker fan!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Convincing win over Colorado?? HHHAAA!! I can't believe they're this bad!!!! Anyone watching this.....they are REALLY bad this year. Hate to admit I'm a Husker fan!!! >>

Well, it looked good at halftime!! image

Just a horrible, horrible, defense. All along I thought Callahan should have retained Bo Pellini, but Callahan had to install his "boys" and now the Huskers are paying the price.

Callahan is toast.
  • Options
    well it looks like Turner Gill wil be leaving Buffalo for Nebraska...too bad, he realy started making progress here in western NY
  • Options
    Well, it's official.

Callhan Fired!!!

Good riddance.
  • Options

<< <i>well it looks like Turner Gill wil be leaving Buffalo for Nebraska...too bad, he realy started making progress here in western NY >>

I for one Husker fan, wish it would be true. Why? Tom Osborne believes in mentoring. What better opportunity for him to "mentor" a guy like Turner Gill as head coach while he is AD? TO was Turner's best man at his wedding. Turner knows the Nebraska culture. He knows the pressure. He understands Nebraska football. Something Callahan never understood. He was too busy trying to "change the culture", calling TO a "crusty old f&#^%*" and living like a hermit in his office going over film to understand Nebraska football. The only "BIG WIN" Callahan got at Nebraska was his $3.1 million buy-out.

Some people feel Turner is too young, too inexperienced. He's older and has just as much experience, if not more, than TO did when he became head coach at 35.

It's said, "you can never go back home", but I hope they give Turner that chance. It certainly couldn't be any worse than what we've suffered through for the past 4 years.
  • Options
    I wish they could have both Gill and Bo Pellini (as defensive coordinator), but both would likely only want the head coach job.
  • Options
    1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭
    I've been a Husker fan my whole life. Grew up in Bellevue, Neb. in the 70's and loved the Oklahoma rivalry! Loved the " we're gonna run the ball down your throat every play and let's just see if you can stop us"!!! They did pretty good that way too!!
  • Options
    My favorite line from Dr. Tom's press conference announcing Callahan's dismissal was, "People used to hate playing us...because they'd feel it for 2 or 3 weeks afterwards." image Now, THAT'S Nebraska football. image
  • Options
    except Wisconsin...

• Options
    Well, looks like Bo Pellini is the new head honcho ESPN Story

Hopefully he can fix the defense, and keep the potent offense. We will see!!