Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OT: Insect fogger and memorabilia display

OK, this might be a little bizarre, but I need to let loose a flea fogger in my basement. I've got a bunch of cards, magazines, and photos displayed down there. I'm trying to figure out if I should just take it all down and then put it back up afterwards, or since most of the items are in some type of "top loader" if that's safe enough. Anyone had to go through this before?
kev

keeping my ears open for oddball cards of Rose from the 60's and 70's.

Comments

• Options
    Cover the areas with painters plastic, you can pick up a roll for around $5 and it will cover an entire room if needed. Just surround the boxes, or whatever and tape it shut.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Authorized wholesale dealer for BCW, if you need any supplies let me know and I will get you a quote
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    I don't know if this is the same thing, but we had our house tented and fumigated for termites and I asked the guy from the company about any issues with my cards and he said since it was a gas, that there is no leftover residue or anything.

The fogger may use some kind of aerosol. so you may want to cover up stuff, or remove it if not a big problem. Make sure you don't take any fleas with you or they will be right back.

Secondly, get your pets on a regular course of Frontline or Adavantage type flea treatment. We haven't had any fleas for 5-6 years now and we're in a semi-rural area with lots of critters roaming around at night.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    this has something to do with last nite's game, i just know it image
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    fleas are better than crabs,ya gotta admit ....
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    How did this turn out for you?
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't know if this is the same thing, but we had our house tented and fumigated for termites and I asked the guy from the company about any issues with my cards and he said since it was a gas, that there is no leftover residue or anything.

The fogger may use some kind of aerosol. so you may want to cover up stuff, or remove it if not a big problem. Make sure you don't take any fleas with you or they will be right back.

Secondly, get your pets on a regular course of Frontline or Adavantage type flea treatment. We haven't had any fleas for 5-6 years now and we're in a semi-rural area with lots of critters roaming around at night. >>

I would NOT ever put another dog on Frontline or Advantax. My dog is 6, and got lung cancer from them. We and our vet oncologist have no doubt it was that, and if you google the cases its pretty convincing. It's an extremely toxic chemical and it's like fighting mosquitos with a hbomb.
    Cancer sucks.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    pclpadspclpads Posts: 457 ✭✭
    >>

I would NOT ever put another dog on Frontline or Advantax. My dog is 6, and got lung cancer from them. We and our vet oncologist have no doubt it was that, and if you google the cases its pretty convincing. It's an extremely toxic chemical and it's like fighting mosquitos with a hbomb.
    Cancer sucks. >>

Sorry for the OT, but for pet lovers, try Trifexis as an alt to what Anthony noted above. My 10 year old pug has been on it from day one w/ no side effects.