Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Has anybody ever submitted to GAI?

I'm getting ready to send my free submission voucher to GAI. Do you have to pay the grading fees for the pre-grade plus $5 for each card that you want encapsulated or is that something different?
-Ryan

Comments

• Options
    Dont bother there out of business so I heard.
  • Options
    Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    Nah, not outta business... Just moving down the block. They'll be back up shortly.

I just rec'd a Ruth card back from GAI, their new slabs aren't too bad looking.

Ryan, Although it shouldn't be a big deal, you may wish to wait 'til they're unpacked to get the new shipping address.
  • Options
    When did you get your card back? Site/phone down since Fri and now this is circulating on BMB

Link to source at bottom

Collectors, dealers await word on Global Authentication

Customers of grading and authentication provider Global Authentication have been left to wonder about the companys status the past few days. Customers who called the California-based company to check on the status of their merchandise have received messages stating that the number has been disconnected. Globals website has also been down.

Adding to the anxiety is the fact that at least one customer who stopped by the companys headquarters this week found an eviction notice posted on the front door. Bob Rund said he dropped off an estimated $8,000 worth of packs last week for grading. When I called on Monday to check on the status, the phones were disconnected. I went to check the website and that didnt work either, Rund said. When I drove to the office the next day, the doors were locked, the office was empty and the eviction notice was posted. There was no note about a new location or anything.

In a story posted on Beckett.com Tuesday, Steve Sipe, Global VP of business development, was quoted as saying the company was still in business, but had closed temporarily due to relocation and was moving to another office area in the same business complex.

However, Global had not contacted its customers to inform them that it would be moving or provide a new address. It has not issued any other public statements explaining their situation or provided contact information for their new location. Global president Steve Rocchi did not return a call to Trade Fax.

Debbie Ochoa, manager of the office that oversees business licensing for the city of San Clemente, said she went to the Global offices Tuesday because she had received two complaints from customers worried about the status of their submissions. Ochoa said she saw no evidence that Global was occupying another office in the complex.

Steve Coontz, an attorney representing the owner of the building where Global was leasing space, confirmed an eviction notice was served but would not comment on any other aspect of the case."

BMB
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I've sent them 100's of cards in the past
    Great service
    BUT they are KAPUT
    Done
    Finished
    BK
    Hopefully this will teach collectors a lesson to deal with the Big 3 in card grading only
    sending your cards to any of the Mickey Mouse services is a total krap shoot
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dam, and I just sent GAI my t-206 Honus Wagner to be graded.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    if they moved and left everybody hanging, thats pretty bad custom relations!guess we'll just have to wait and see,somebody that lives out by it could tell us in a heartbeat if they moved to another spot in same complex or not ,im not buying it