Home Metal Detecting

Treasure Hunting... look at this beauty!

Had to post somewhere... finally got off my arse tonight and decided that 3 years was long enough... and by god, I was going to get somewhere with my Camaro.

Finally pulled it into my shop...

Literally... with my truck backed up to the office door, and a line through the office, and shop, to my car out back (it was a good incline that I couldnt push by myself). I got the 700 watt surround sound jamming, and im in for a night of hard work... and pics to follow in the morning...

Here she is at about 9pm.

Comments

• And 1:30 a.m....

The back seat area completly grinded out and finished... and the passenger side grinded, and now under the acid treatment... not bad if you compare to the last pic...

• My advice would be to soak it in acetone image
  • It's gonna come back as AT and altered surfaces........image
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Hahaha... damaged possible?
  • That's not rust, it's toning. image I wish I had the knowledge and expertise to do stuff like that. I've always had a desire to restore an old car. The only problem is that I know nothing about cars! image
    Bob
  • Knowledge?

lol... no... I pulled the engine out and didnt realize the driver side window was down... so I pulled the interior out... and over the next 3 years, rain got into the car, and rusted out the floor boards. Stupidy is what taught me how to do this.

All I did was get a wire wheel, an angle grinder, some of the Rust acid (found at Wal Mart) some Rustoleum primer, and some rustoleum white spray paint... and went to town with the grinder... once all of the rust and dark spots were gone (i.e., straight silver metal) I cleaned with simple green to remove all dirt and grease, then went over it with acetone to make sure everything was "uncontaminated" and dry within about a minute, then sprayed away. The back seats there were my first attempt ever... and im still working on that pass side... acid, grind, acid, grind, acid, grind, ect... once its pure silver metal... spray... then move on to the next spot. Bottom line... if you see rust, make it go away... and once the "rust" color is gone... its still not gone until the "dark" spot is gone. Hoping to have the interior back together by the weekend.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always wondered what that vehicle looked like. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Most people do... I was even accused of a cover up and people honestly thought I no longer owned it since it had been gone so long... lol.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking it was an older one. (But then, it wouldn't have been a "Thirtieth Anniversary" model, now, would it. Duh.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Correct!!!

Its a RPO coded (Z4C) car, so its a documented car with the Collectors Edition Package...