Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Sweet 1959 Topps PSA 8's on ebay

Some really nice PSA 8's on ebay ending Sunday, Oct. 7.

1959 Topps PSA 8's
Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
set registry id Don Johnson Collection
ebay id truecollector14

Comments

• Options
    marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    bump up
    Don

ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    Nice cards Don ! Saw you got the Wilhelm and Howard from the deal offered to several of us. Glad you got some of them.
  • Options
    I'm watching a few of these and will jump at them if the price is right, very nice cards.
    PCGS certified Modern Commemoratives and American Eagle Gold Bullion, Type set coins, CC mintmark coins, Confederate currency, Shield Nickels XF and better,HOF sports cards graded/ungraded
  • Options
    Hi Al....yes, I made a counteroffer that was fair to both of us and it worked out. Finding Mint 9's in 1959 seems to be harder to do. Are you finding this to be the case too?

Kingpin....thanks, I hope you bid and win some. I appreciate it.
    Don

ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    Absolutely. I think you know me by now, I will not chase a card at higher prices. I make a bid that I feel comfortable with and it I win, good, and if not, so be it. I think you are the same.

He offered me the package at $2,800 and I offered $2000 since a Clemente sold just a while ago at $1,100 BIN.
  • Options
    Also, I have passed on some new PSA 9s since I think they are weak. Been posted by a couple of west coast consignors.

As I said before many times, I travel the show circuit and even though I never buy raw, I see very little of it with the large dealers. So I question where these cards are coming from. It concerns me for the long term investment we have made in our 59 sets.

I see prices on 1961 PSA 9s coming down drastically because they (new grades) have come out of the woodwork in large quantities recently. I would say that the value of my 61 BB set is down maybe 20% over the past 2 years.
  • Options
    Al....great comments, as usual.

I agree, the 1961's have come down in value with a larger quantity of 8's and 9's graded. A low pop in 1961 is a card with less than 50 PSA 8's now. Amazing.

I think that this is indicative of larger production of cards starting in the 1960's. They are getting graded and the pops are soaring.

As for the 1959's, I think that we won't see quite the same thing as say, 1961's. Maybe I am being unrealistic and hopeful, but I think it is just harder to find those nice '59's. The quantities graded 8's and 9's won't parallel the 1960's cards. I just really feel the 1959's will stay stronger long term, but I think it is a crap shoot for 1960's cards. The only year in that decade that could/should go up in value are the 1962's because they are so tough to get 8's and 9's.

But what do I know.....just speculation. image
    Don

ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    Auctions ending tonight. Some nice 1959's available. Thanks for looking.
    Don

ebay id truecollector14