Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

photobucket question

derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have all my coin photos stored on photobucket by a serial number. How can I easliy find one of them. Is there a feature that will arrange them in numerical order? I tried their search and read the help files, no luck.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

Comments

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good question.

I'll be following this thread along.
  • Options
    you could search for them by number, if you know their numbers, on the search bar (click on the my album button next to the search box). I do not know how to organize your album numerically. I too will be following this thread. Good luck!

Mark
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    I haven't found a way to search. They actually end up in chronological order, I believe. I now keep things in subfolders for easy retrieval. however, if you put them in folders after you've linked to them it will break the links. --Jerry
  • Options

<< <i>you could search for them by number, if you know their numbers, on the search bar (click on the my album button next to the search box). I do not know how to organize your album numerically. I too will be following this thread. Good luck! >>

Tried that search method no can findee! I store all my slabs (both sides, thanks to new ebay policy) by the last five digits of the S/N. They are categorized in the order i posted them. I wish they had a way to alphatize (is that a word?) the way you can with an excel spreadsheet.

• Options
    hmm, now that I've heard what you believe to be the case, I don't guess you can create a new field for the default photobucket software to sort on, then link the photos?
  • Options
    rwyarmchrwyarmch Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭✭
    You can go to Account Options-Album settings (edit) to sort an album's images by newest, oldest and alphabetically (by filename).
    This may well handle numeric filenames but I'm not usre of that.
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know search doesn't work. I renamed one image several times, by number, by name and number with name and had the search function search my album. It said it didn't exist.
  • Options
    I do notice that all the direct links to each coin are the same except for the five digit.jpg folder name for each coin. Guess i can insert any one of them into an ebay listing and just change the five digit code that i use (last five digits of the slab number). Will at least keep me from searching hundreds of pix on photobucket for the correct one. Anybody got an easier way to go right to a picture in photobucket if you know the file name? I believe their search of "my album" is strickly for use when you have added a title to each pix.

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I believe their search of "my album" is strickly for use when you have added a title to each pix. >>

That didn't work for me as I mentioned in my post above.
  • Options

<< <i>You can go to Account Options-Album settings (edit) to sort an album's images by newest, oldest and alphabetically (by filename).
    This may well handle numeric filenames but I'm not usre of that. >>

Thanks! I've been looking for this for a while.

Robec,
    The search has always worked fine for me??? It doesn't seem to work for anyone else though...

Mark
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Options

<< <i>You can go to Account Options-Album settings (edit) to sort an album's images by newest, oldest and alphabetically (by filename). >>

Thanks RW, that did it. it put all pix in numerical order by their file name (my 5 digit number). Didn't even have to create titles! image

• Options
    pb2ypb2y Posts: 1,461
    <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #c0c0c0">Do not use Photobuck as a photo storage folder. Store your photos in a desktop folder
    and backup to a CD. Your desktop folder can be organized in an easy to find format.
    Download only as needed and do a clean up now and then on your Photobucket.
    Photos often used can be left but only 20 or 30 maybe.

</FONT>

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file